Thursday, January 20, 2011

Giddy Up Shabby Chic Gals!



The Rachel Ashwell Ranch
I was catching up on my blog reading over at Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic, and could not believe what I was actually reading!  Rachel has bought the Texas inn, The Outpost at Cedar Creek.  Under Rachel's reign the inn will be known as, The Ranch by Rachel Ashwell.  The ranch is a few miles out from Round Top, Texas, home of one of the largest antique shows in the nation.  Rachel has been a visitor to the show for years, and I can surely see why she would be interested in a property  there.  I remember reading an article awhile back where she mentioned that she would like to have her own hotel someday.  I didn't expect that it would be a ranch, but the current inn has cottages, guesthouses, and even an Airstream Trailer on the property.  A Shabby Chic Airstream Trailer...oh how I would be in heaven in there!

The Outpost @ Cedar Creek
Prairie Cottage
Eastlake queen bed
Victorian Cottage House
The Main House, Original 1880's Mayer Homestead
Airstream Land Yacht
The Airstream!!!

I am already lovin' the inn as is, but I am sure what Rachel does with it will be nothing short of magnificent.  Hopefully I will get the opportunity to stay there someday and visit the Round Top show!

In other Rachel Ashwell news...
Her 7th book, Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic, Inspiration and Beautiful Spaces, will be out in October.
Compliments of Rachel's Blog...
blad
I remember drooling over my first Shabby Chic book and the others that followed...
I am quite sure I will be again over this one!

* UPDATE*  Check out the link for new info on this project:
http://rachelashwellshabbychic.blogspot.com/2011/01/dream-in-making-update.html

Photobucket
P.S.  Hope you like the new blog design - Thank you Banner Blvd!

Images courtesy of:  outpostatcedarcreek.com , rachelashwellshabbychic.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Wouldn't it be great to stay at that ranch?

xo
Claudia

Claudia said...

Forgot to mention that I LOVE the new design!

xo
Claudia

Elyse said...

drooling for sure!