Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wee Folk Space: The Baby's Room

I thought I'd share a few photos of Maggie's room...I love how it turned out so cheery vintage for barely any money!



A little side table next to the chair we read in.  I have had that lamp for a few years, I think it came from Ebay and I had it rewired.  It has always been one of my favorites and I am glad to have it in her room now.
I bought the table from an antiques shop in Chicago, long before Maggie was born.  I actually have a pair of them, and they were a great deal at $75 for both!




A little dresser from Urban Farm Girl Co., purchased at the Kane County Flea Market in St. Charles, IL.  Mary, from Urban Farm Girl Co., has the best painted furniture that she does herself...can't wait to buy some more pieces from her when we move!  The rug and crib linens (except for baby quilt) are from Target.

The crib is new and from Babies R Us, but I love that it still has a vintage vibe to it. The quilt is handmade from vintage embroidered linens, by a friend of mine, it is absolutely amazing!  I have been on the fence as to whether or not I really like those decals on the wall... not vintage-y enough i feel, but they are bright and cheerful though.



Another shot of the side table with an upholstered slipper chair that I have also had for awhile.  The fabric "M" on the wall is from Anthropologie and the pillow from Cath Kidston (oh how I love Cath Kidston).  The hooks on the wall were meant to be much cuter (they are the removable 3M variety), but we are in a rental and the walls are plaster (?) and just crumble when I nail into it, creating gaping holes...ahhhh, so frustrating!
I also would have painted the walls if we were allowed to...reason #152 that I can't wait to have my own house!

Art work I made by using scrapbook paper and book pages and assembling them in store bought frames from Micheal's craft store.  I added the ribbon to the smaller framed picture.

The room is pretty tiny, so I have very limited space, but it's working for now, and Maggie seems to enjoy it!


Photobucket
P.S.  For some awesome babies and kids room photos, check out Ohdeedoh !

This Post went to these Blog Parties:


The DIY Show Off



linkparty


















19 comments:

birdie blue said...

love your little maggie's room (my oldest is a maggie, too). love all of your special vintage touches.

the cath kidston stroller is available with free shipping from amazon at 18% off.

xo
~molly

Kat said...

Oh my goodness, what a precious and darling space! I love what you did with it!

Diane said...

I love the room and a Vintage look Crib LOL that is the crib I had for my daughter but ours was light yellow, and FYO she is 32 now! Great choice! Hugs, Diane

Elyse said...

everything is so sweet! the lamp is perfection and you have done a wonderful job making maggie's room sweet and vintagey. love the cath pillow (of course)!

xo
elyse

Everlasting Blooms said...

Oh my everything is adorable! As I kept scrolling down it just got cuter and cuter!

~ PS. LOVE Chicago! We come down and visit all the time! Such a great city :)

very merry vintage style said...

What a cute room--love all those vintage touches. The quilt is beautiful!
Mary

Terry said...

Unique, sweet and oh so cute...the room and Maggie!

Brenda Kula said...

Couldn't find your email address. I just wanted you to know that you’ve been featured on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post, which just went up. You have a beautiful blog, by the way!

A hearty welcome to our blogging community. You should have Welcome Wagon neighbors visiting you shortly.
Brenda http://cozylittlehouse.com

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog. I Love your vintage style! Have a nice day! Twyla

AshTreeCottage said...

Hi! Brenda sent me over to welcome you ~ and I could hardly wait to welcome a blogger from Chicago ( my hometown)! I am charmed by your style and Maggie is a little doll. Stop by and visit me when you can.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

High Street Cottage said...

I love it, it's so girlie! And reminds me a bit of Cath Kidson designs. Very cheery. Stopping over from Brenda's to welcome you into the blogging world, great job! xoxo tami

Ann said...

Your daughters room is just adorable! I love it! Also, I think the vinyl stickers above the crib look vintage, at first glance I thought that they were. If true vintage is what you are looking for check Ebay for Myercord or Meyercord(sorry can't remember the correct spelling) decals and see what you can find. I have had a great deal of success with finding wonderful vintage decals that way.
Just a thought~
Love your blog by the way.:o)
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Ann said...

Just checked Ebay...it is Meyercord Decals and there are some adorable decals out there! Not a seller just a heavy buyer.:o)

Judy said...

Really beautiful. I love it. I linked over from Finding Fabulous and I'm glad I did. I am your latest follower. I would love if you would come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks.

Lynn said...

What a darling room you've designed. I love the cheerful colors. The vintage lamp is SO cute! But then I love lamps! Great job. I'm signing up to follow your blog and I hope you'll visit me at www.cottageandcreek.com and do the same. We have similar taste (though my nursery years are long gone!)
God bless and thanks for sharing,
Lynn

Al McLeary said...

Ahh Stacy, I love everything about the room - even the wall decals

By the Bluegrass said...

Ahhh, what a sweet room. I like the decals. They remind me of the art that Jenny from 'All Sorts' does.
I use the 3M hooks too. I either spray paint mine or I have this gold and silver rub stuff that I got from Michael's crafts and I antique them. They look so much better that way. Have you been to Dick Blick's in Chicago? I'm sure they have it there. I am in Heaven in that store.
xo,
Sena

Angela said...

I love your vintage baby room, so sweet.
I'm sure your little girl will have sweet dreams in that cute room.
xoxo
Angela.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a darling vintage inspired baby room~ well done! Thanks for linking up to Feathered Nest Friday! :)