Friday, February 4, 2011

Porch Love

This winter has got me longing for lazy summer days and nights on the porch!
When you live in an apartment, front porches are hard to come by, but I do have a deck, which is pretty much my substitute porch.  We actually do have a small front porch, but it is shared, and a guy lives above me, so I can't exactly have my way with it.  Now, the deck and little porch are covered with mounds of snow from the recent blizzard and it's hard to imagine that it ever looked like this...

The little red bench was a flea market find for around $10!

I had high hopes for doing more here in terms of decoration,
but at this time (May 2010) I was 8 months pregnant and could
not see my feet, so it just wasn't gonna happen.  However, my husband and 
I did spend many an evening dining at the table, discussing our little 
girl in anticipation of her arrival!

My little gnome friend, I hoped some fairies were 
keeping him company...

This is the official front porch...even though it is a shared entrance,
I still had to add a couple of pretty things.  That little stool was also
a cheap flea market find and is actually such a pretty pink, 
though it looks white here.

Although I am lucky to have just a slice of private outdoor space, here in the city, I can't help but have lots o' love for these porches...
Photo Credit:  Country Living

Photo Credit:  Country Living

Photo Credit: Google Images

Photo Credit:  Country Living

Photo Credit: Google Images

Photo Credit:  Google Images (Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard)

Photo Credit:  Coastal Living (Fifi O'Neill's Home)

Photo Credit:  Better Homes and Gardens (Mary Kay Andrews' Breeze Inn)

Next time Spring/Summer rolls around I'll be borrowing some of this phenomenal porch inspiration!  For now, I'll just be grateful if I can see see the porch under all this snow...

Photobucket

This post went to these parties:



Porch Club

Photobucket
Modern Country Style

21 comments:

muralimanohar said...

Oh, geez...now I am burning to go out there and clear up MY outdoor space!! And I don't have snow to get in my way! Just too much other work to do! Wah! lol

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I loved all of these pohotos! All of those outdoor spaces were DREAMY! My outdoor space is under a new blanket of snow but spring is just around the corner! I am your newest follower!
~Shanon

Deb said...

Your deck looks so nice Stacey...love your little red bench! I too am looking forward to spring's arrival! ~Deb~

Diane Mars said...

What beautiful Spring Photos, cannot wait for Spring! Hugs, Diane

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies said...

What a great porch post, I love all the different styles, including yours. We all can't wait until Spring. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Marilou

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love having a chandi outside! Such fabulous pictures!
XO
Kristin

Maureen said...

Oh I'm sooo with you - beautiful outdoor spaces!

Wanda Metcalf said...

Congrats on the little girl! She will have fun in the sun with you in the spring on that cute deck. My husband and I also love to eat on our deck but not at this time of year burrrr as posted last Monday. Loved all the pictures!!

Gypsy Brocante said...

Your porch is just as romantic as the others ... even more so, because it has your history and touches stamped on it! Very sweet and charming!

xo
Jill

Anne Marie... said...

yeah! you joined the porch club!! I thoguht I'd make it this week, but next I'm (God -willing) going to be able to.....
your post has some of my favorite porch/inspiration pictures!

By the way...one baby is hard, two is harder, 3 is even more so...but once you hit 4 - you might as well have 10 - no joke - all your efforts are involved in your only baby right now - and that is actually more demanding than the 5 I have! can't wait to meet ya!

xo+blessings,
Anne Marie

Claudia said...

I hope your house-to-be has a wondrous front porch for you. I've always loved those Oak Bluff cottages. They are the essence of romantic style to me.

xo
Claudia

By the Bluegrass said...

Hi Stacy...
Very cute little bench! I am a vintage girl through and through. Going thrift-ing is one of my favorite things to do.
And, we love Chicago. Our oldest daughter is at The University of Chicago. So, the city has a special place in our hearts. Your little girl is adorable. We have four kids: 19, 16, 12 and 3! :)
xo,
Sena

Dana said...

Love your blog! I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award… Head over to my blog to claim your award! http://boyersathome.blogspot.com/2011/02/yippee.html

Tiedupmemories said...

Sweet bench of lovely flowers! Soon enough spring will be here! I love your porch inspirations! Adorable blog header too!

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Stacey,

I love all of your beautiful flowers. And I like how you've made such a small space such a highlight...It's hard to find that private space in the city but I think you've done a great job and tagging it! And of course, all the photos are fabulous...There are so many beautiful porches!

I'm visiting for Porch Club Monday...I'd love to have you drop by!

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

These are such great images. I love them all!! I want a porch and I want one now!!

Thank you so much for linking up and introducing me to your lovely blog - I'm following!

Sarahx

Kathy said...

Lovely - we do what we can to beautify what we've got. We have a front porch, but it is not covered and receives southern exposure, so in the summer it is very hot! We hope to build a pergola across the front of the house one day, Love your inspirations from Country Living,
Kathy

Comeca Jones said...

Great inspiration pics!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your little porch garden! I too, do a lot of container gardenening on my porch and deck and I also do a lot of dreaming about having a porch like some of those in your pictures! :-) Thanks for sharing your inspirations. Blessings, Pamela

Prior said...

I love your porch patio, it reminds me a lot of what I call My Tree house...I joined the porch party, too. I love the other eye candy inspiration, too! Have fun, spring is coming! I joined your blog, too!

Lezlee

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh that red glider! It would go great with your cute red bench. I just wish my back area was covered. Looks great!