Monday, February 14, 2011

Yummy Easy Bread Pudding


I've wanted to make bread pudding for awhile and finally decided to
try it.  Surprisingly it was really easy!  I found the recipe online and I tweaked
it a little.  Here is the basic recipe for 12 servings:

Ingredients

  • 6 slices day-old bread
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract




Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
(I used a round dish) 
Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. 
If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
(I used raisin pecan bread from the grocery bakery)


In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, 
sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. 
(I also added a pinch of nutmeg)
Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, 
and lightly push down with a fork until bread 
is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.


Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes,
 or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.

That's it...presto, you're done!
Yum.


Happy Valentine's Day! 


Pink Roses (my favorite) from my husband for Valentine's Day!
We don't make a big deal out of the "holiday", but it's always
nice to get pretty flowers.
Hope you have a lovely day!!


 A home in Chicago with an appropriately painted door for today

My little sweetie's first Valentine's Day!

Photobucket

16 comments:

AshTreeCottage said...

Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Vintage Home said...

...Beautiful roses and I love Bread Pudding!...awesome treat for your loved ones!...Its windy & rainy here!
I could go for some California here too!

Sylvia said...

Hi, the bread pudding looks good, my grandma used to make it for us when we were little too.
Breathtaking roses...

Happy Valentines Day,
Sylvia

Gypsy Brocante said...

Oh YUM! ... that does look easy ... bread pudding is my Mom's favorite, I'm going to tuck away your recipe and try it out for her upcoming BD in April ... thank you!!

Love how you set the pale pink roses in the blur mason jar ... and it matches your blog template!

Happy VD day and thank you for linking up to PC!!

xo
Jill

Secret Garden Cottage said...

I've never had bread pudding... it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Beautiful flowers from your hubby!
Happy Valentine's Day!
~ Jo :)

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Stacey,

I love bread pudding...thanks for the recipe though...there are so many ways to prepare it. Looks like you used some artisan bread and I know that would make a difference. I'm visiting for Porch Club! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

birdie blue said...

the bread pudding looks delicious, stacey. little maggie looks so sweet in that little crocheted hat, too.

happy valentines day.
xo
~molly

michelle said...

That looks really good, thanks for the recipe! Your little sweetie is adorable Stacey! Have a wonderful day!

Elyse said...

happy valentine's day, stacey!

love your pics and this recipe sounds like a must-try! have you ever tried thomas' raisin bread? it's CRAZY GOOD! covered with brown sugar on the outside. makes quite the pb&j. here i go rambling on about food again!

have a sweet valentine's, cutie!

xo
elyse

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, what a sweet baby you have, Stacey! Pink roses are my favorites, too--smart hubby you have!

I've always wanted to give Bread Pudding a try...maybe this is the recipe I'll finally go with!

Hope the rest of your Valentine's Day is wonderful!

Julie

Deb said...

Your little one is just adorable Stacey! Happy Valentine's Day to you too! ~Deb~

Cozy in Texas said...

I stopped by your blog today. What beautiful blooms and lovely picture of your sweet baby.
Ann

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

Oh, how I'd love to borrow your little sweetie for the day! She has the face of an angel. I have 3 boys so I'm constantly teased about having a girl.

The bread pudding is one of my husband's favorite desserts. I'll bookmark this. Thanks!
xo,
Michelle

By the Bluegrass said...

Bread pudding is my very favorite dessert! This looks so yum-yum! I should try your recipe. I have never made it before.
xo,
Sena

Sherry said...

Your bread pudding looks delicious. Your roses are gorgeous, but down at the bottom of your post was the sweetest little cutie. She stole the show. Happy Valentine's Day!
Sherry

Denise said...

This sounds delicious! I am adding this to my google bookmarked recipe file.

Denise
Extreme Personal Measures