Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can I Get A Do-Over?


I hate to be a "Debbie Down-er", but this week is just not going very well so far...

First, I completely goofed on the date of Illinois Bloggirl Gathering event!  I thought it was the 13th (this past Sunday) and it's actually the 19th (this Saturday).  So what does silly me do?  Yep, I drive out to the host's house on Sunday, ring the bell, only to find out I have showed up for the party ON THE WRONG DAY!  How embarrassing?!  Not too mention I am disturbing this entire family on a Sunday morning.  It pretty much  felt like one of those dreams where you are only wearing a towel in public!  The host was very understanding though, and we got to chat for a bit and laugh about it, so that made me feel better.  How did this happen?  I guess you could say,

1 baby + 1 stressed new mom + moving 
= insanity

Then, comes the sore throat...did I mention Maggie was already sick?  Well, I guess I caught her cold, because I have been sick now for 2 days.  Ugh.  We're moving this Saturday (which now means I can't attend the the blog event...even on the right day) to the new house.  This is just not the time to be sick, with so much to do.  But, I will say, before I got sick, I was able to get the living and dining room painted at the new house and it looks so much better in the new creamy white shade!  

The color I chose was, "Toasted Marshmallow", by Behr

I'll be absent from posting and checking e-mail for the rest of the week,  while we get ready to move and start settling into the new place.  I look forward to catching up with everyone soon and sharing some photos of the new house! 

Hope you all have been having a much better week than me ;)

Photobucket

16 comments:

Boho Farm and Home said...

You are getting off to a rough start but I know the rest of your week is going to go better! Can't wait to hear about the new house. So excited for you!
xo
Caroline

Lisa said...

Don't worry, I do things like that all the time, truly. But I'm so sorry you're going to miss out on the actual event, and that you're sick. Hope you feel better really soon. Look forward to seeing pictures,

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Happy Homemaker UK said...

That is a huge bummer. Hope you are feeling better soon and have a seamless move :) XOL

birdie blue said...

best of luck to you this week with the move, stacey. all of the stress will be worth it, when you're in your new beautiful home. it'll all be a distant memory.

i hope both you and miss mags feel better soon.
xo
~molly

traci said...

you poor thing. i can't make it to the blogging get together. i am so bummed.

good luck with the move. i hope it all goes well for you.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh bummer! we all have days like that, and yes, you can always start anew. every day is a chance to do over, so put it behind you and trudge onward!

Elyse said...

aw, hang in there. at least you sound like you can already joke about it all. try to get some rest and takeout because moving can be very disruptive BUT it will all be so worth it!

xo
elyse

Vicki @ Curly Willow said...

Hang in there sweetie! Tomorrow is another day... I am always so thankful for that.

Sue @ House Pretty said...

That's a bummer that things are going that way for you. The good news...you are moving into your new house! Yeah!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

You poor thing! I hate it when I get the date wrong. One time my sister and I were taking a red eye out of Denver which is 1 3/4 hrs away with our childeren, ages 3,1, and 6 mos at the time. We got there at 9:30 pm for an 11:00 pm flight.....a day early!! We were still able to leave but absolute panic set in first!
I hope you feel better for your big move. I can't wait to see the new pictures.

~Shanon

Vintage Country Girl said...

Sorry you're feeling sick. Thanks for stopping by and "pumping me up." As a former teacher, I'm glad you understand.

While you're very busy with the move, I'm sure you're also extremely excited too! Good luck, and have a blast!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I feel for you. Moving is so hard, especially with a little one. I hope things go more smoothly for you and your move is stress free (if there is such a thing!) Good luck!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm sure your move will go smoothly...well I hope so. It's an exciting time!

I will be missing the luncheon, too, but I am really hoping to make the Shop The Shed Sale. I went last Fall and got some really nice things.

Have a good weekend!

XO,
Jane

Hot House Market said...

Hi Stacey~ so sorry you missed the party yesterday :( I got your gift in the gift exchange and I LOVE it! I'm a HUGE Cath Kidston fan! Thank you!!!!! Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you and hope to see you sometime in the future. Best wishes~ Carrie @ Hot House Market

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

Sorry your week hasn't been going well.Good luck with your move. Take care.

Ann-Marie

Deb said...

Hey Stacey, hope your move goes well and that you're feeling better soon too!

Just wanted to thank you for the Phoenix shopping tips! I was able to visit both of your favorite shops and I loved them! I'll post soon about my treasures! I may just run into you there one day...if we get the condo! ~Deb~