Sunday, March 6, 2011

Phoenix Is Heaven For Vintage Shopping, and Other Things I Learned On Vacation...

We're back from our vacation to Phoenix, AZ...bye, bye blue skies and palm trees, hello gray skies and snow in Chicago.  One more month 'til warmer Spring weather...hopefully!

If you ever find yourself in Phoenix, AZ, do go shopping, 7th Ave. is practically Vintage Row! One of the best shops there is Rust and Roses...


Huge outdoor area with garden and patio furniture and architectural elements

A peek into the entrance, there are amazing furniture displays inside

Very cool Victorian boots!

The courtyard between Rust and Roses and another shop, Sirens and Saints

I was very tempted to buy that globe.  Pretty much all of the items 
in Rust and Roses are very reasonably priced.


This is my favorite lunch spot,
Arcadia Farms in Scottsdale

Indoor dining area at Arcadia Farms, soooo cute!

Outdoor dining area
 Arcadia Farms

Bakery display...love the French canisters!
Aracadia Farms

More Phoenix Shopping...
Sirens and Saints clothing boutique.  
I bought a pair of legging bloomers there, 
super cute, priced right, and comfy!

The Willows
Prices are Cha-$-Ching here, but it was fun to look




Made a brief stop in Old Town Scottsdale,
lots of Western fun...


I have bought two Sacred Hearts here on a previous trip

The visit with family was fun, the Grandparents loved their time with Maggie! Some not fun things were:

   Apparently when you travel with an infant on vacation, you are not exactly on vacation ;)
   Maggie does not find the airplane a suitable place for a nap, which made for a cranky baby and a stressful  journey :(

On the very bright side, the weather was so nice, mid 70's and sunny every day, so that pretty much makes up for all the bad stuff.

Hope you all have been well and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to...so much to catch up on in Blog Land!
Photobucket
Linking To:

24 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

The victorian boots are amazing!! also love the tartan plaid lunchboxes!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Diane Mars said...

That sure looks like a lot of fun~ Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Claudia said...

So glad you had a good time in AZ!

xo
Claudia

~~Carol~~ said...

Looks like you had a great time! It would have been so hard for me to leave that globe and the lunchboxes behind!

koralee said...

Thank you so much for sharing...I wish I could just wiggle my nose today and pop over to visit all this loveliness. Happy Monday my friend. xo

Pattie said...

Kristin send me over and now I'm your newest follower nice to meet you I'm just over in Indiana. Love your blog come over a visit some times

Pattie

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
You have a Beautiful Blog sweet lady~~~I would have a good time in this shop.!!!Im your newest follower on your blog. I hope you come over and join my Tablescapes sweet lady.
xxoo
Diane

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Hi nice to meet you Stacey!
Great stuff in Arizona! Now I have to go there too!
Just found you from Krisin's blog!

I am now a follower!
I would love it if you stopped by sometime!

april@gingerbread girl said...

I love it all!!! What an awesome day!!!

White and Rust said...

I entered a giveaway you're sponsoring at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. Of course I had to come visit you.. I live in Phoenix AZ and you just shared a new spot to shop as well as to eat that I never heard of!! Thanks :).

You have a great blog, I'm now following along,

Heidi

Fishtail Cottage said...

Hey there...for some reason i can't leave a comment to enter the giveaway at Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. i am now a follower on your blog and my fav. item in your shop is the wildflower pillow.....xoox

Amy said...

Fun! I love that globe. Thanks for visiting me. I am going to do a tutorial for the rosettes in a day or 2. I am also following your blog. I love vintage!!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Looks like such a fun time you had! I love all the treasures you showcased, so pretty! Welcome back!
XO

michelle said...

Those shops are beautiful, look at all that goodness!! What a lovely place to spend the day and your money! :) SO glad that you had a great time, sorry it is still snowy here! :( Spring will be coming soon!

Sue @ House Pretty said...

SO many pretty things! Let me see, love the pretty doorway in first photo, I want that white iron bench in second photo, those Victorian boots are to die for in the fourth photo, and the chandelier and belt buckles in Old Town photo, really rock!

traci said...

lots and lots of goodies in these photos. i love the cowboy boots. glad you had a great vacation. the sunshine and warmth probably did you so good.

Vicki @ Curly Willow said...

Welcome home! So glad you had fun and got to do things you love!

By the Bluegrass said...

What a fun trip! I would love to visit all of those places!
xo,
Sena

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Wow! This is all so gorgeous! It's making me want to hop on the plane right away!!!!

Sarahx

saltbox treasures said...

Would love to shop there! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week. How old is your sweet baby?
~ Julie

Gypsy Brocante said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! We've been a few times and LOVE it ... however, I didn't know where all the good goodies were at that time ... now I do, thanks to you!! ... I will definitely hit those spots on our next trip out west ; )

xo
Jill

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You came to Phoenix and didn't call me? :) Your favorites are mine too.

I am having an antique auction on my blog. All sorts of lovely and romantic finds looking for a new home. I hope you'll stop by.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Counting Your Blessings said...

Traveling (well, almost anything) with an infant is difficult. But then, traveling without them is kinda empty. Mom's can't win. =)

I love the Sirens & Saints mannequin. Would love to visit some of the places you showed us.

Thank you for sharing your French Inspiration with us!

Blessings... Polly
French Cupboard
Counting Your Blessings

Debra@Common Ground said...

Looks like so much fun, I've never been to AZ. Great shops with lots of great goodies! Thanks for linking up with VIF!
hugs,
Debra