Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Cup Of Tea

Afternoon Tea - 5 x 7 Matt Photo Print

You know you can't escape it...all the Royal Wedding Hoopla...every media outlet is all over it!  Truthfully, I am not that into it, but will like seeing some bits of the coverage.  I am however, quite into Vintage British Style!  Especially, with a Union Jack here and there...

{Crown and Crumpet Tea Room}

I have this pillow!  Scored it at the store closing sale at 
Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic, Chicago.
A bittersweet purchase!

I just love this room!

Modern country bedroom | Image | Housetohome.co.uk
Bunting!  I love Bunting!


Best Of British
{according to moi...whoops that's French}

Country Living UK

Bread Pudding

Hunter Boots

{My FAVE!!!}

{Stacey Loves Happy Loves Rosie}

Sorry, no large image available for Black Toast Happiness 1/2 Pint Mug


Rachel Ashwell
{of course}
{love this pillow}

I have yet to go to England.  I will someday...I hope!  I shall leave you now with some...

Fun British Phrases
{British on the left, American meaning on the right}

Completely Mental - crazy 
Quite nice/ "rawther" (rather) lovely - Its Good 
Useless Knob - Lazy person 
What do you fancy? - What do you like? 
Ish - something not nice 
Bee's Knee's - the best 
Keep your hair on - calm down 
Absolute tosh - complete rubbish 
not my cup of tea - not for me 
 off your trolley - mad 
Smarmy - smooth 
Tickety-boo - if someting is going well 
twee - dainty 
waffle - talk about something irrelevant 
throw a wobbly - have a tantrum 

Photobucket

16 comments:

Boho Farm and Home said...

I agree Stacey! Couldn't care less about all the hoopla but do LOVE English style...especially English country,the union jack and Emma Bridgewater too. xo Caroline

traci said...

i am not really into it either. if i catch a glimpse on the news, that will be fine with me. but i know the tv will make us sick with all of it.

i love the british editions of country living and country home and gardens. look forward to them each month.

Vicki @ Curly Willow said...

Not sure if I'm using this right... but I'm completely MENTAL over your post. And, my daughter says she WILL be getting up at 4 am to watch the wedding! Me? not at 4 am!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's very funny as someone who is English to read your list of English phrases! I suppose I do say those things...but I'd never considered them to be English before!!!!

Sarahx

birdie blue said...

love all of your pretty brit pics, stacey. they're the bee's knees.

xo
~molly

Elyse said...

what molly said! :)

xo
elyse

GardenofDaisies said...

Thanks for sharing all these yummy British buntings and Union Jack's etc. LOVE it!

michele at hellolovelyinc said...

bet you already guessed i would LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! ooooooh all that lovely. when r we hightailin it outta O'Hare for London? i've never been either.

let obsess: YOUR SHABBY CHIC PILLOW!!! score!!!

i need to go to sleep.

michele

Kathryn Michelle Jenkins said...

what fun, beautiful ideas and photos. I love all of these great things. can't wait for the british wedding tomorrow. beautiful.

new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Debra@Common Ground said...

LOVE all your Britishness! Fun post, thanks for linking up to VIF!! xo Debra

Heidi said...

Hi Stacey ~ What a fun post! Love it! I am still on the fence about getting up early to go to a Royal Wedding party...it will be so bloody early ~ tee hee.
:)heidi

Jessa said...

I'm all about the Royal Wedding, I just don't know if I have it in me to wake up at 2AM to watch.

michelle said...

What a happy post Stacey! I love all the colors and the Union Jacks are wonderful. :)
Thanks for brightening up my day. :)

Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

oh yes! how could I forget Ms. Ashwell and Cath Kidston?? :) love it.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hi Stacey...I'm right above you at Inspiration Friday. This is a great post! I was lucky enough to visit London a few years ago when my son was over there in school. I loved Harrad's...I was a typical tourist and bought a tote bag and a sweet little cannister. Still love them! Come visit my blog if you have time and enter my giveaway. Thanks!
~Ann

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely lovely post Stacey! I love all things British as well. The British sayings with their American counterparts were great! Thank you for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

Heather