Friday, May 27, 2011

Sort Of Progress at the Sort Of Fairytale House


Hi There!  So, I thought I would share with you what's been going on at home decorating-wise.  I've been working on the kitchen and showed you some sneak peaks, but it's not really ready to reveal just yet...would you settle for a semi-decorated living and dining room instead?  Yes?  Okay, great!  here we go (make sure to scroll to the bottom to see the before pics) ...

 {The rug is from Dash and Albert...whoops, crooked stripes...must fix...yes, I really am that nuts.}

{I got the "Keep Calm" print on Etsy and I am loving my new lamp shade from Ballard Designs.}

 {Need to get that mirror up on the wall and do something with the blankness between the desk and sideboard, but I am liking the flow of the room so far.}

 {The dining table and chairs are new purchases.  The table is from Crate and Barrel
and the chairs are from World Market...2 Red and 2 Light Brown}

The chandelier is a bit of a work in progress.  The ugly glass shades were taken off of it and now I quite like the metal finish on it...i used to hate it, but taking the shades off made a big difference!  Unfortunately, removing the shades revealed the white plastic parts that the light bulbs screw into.  Not pretty.  I tried chandelier shades, but the way the metal scrolls on the fixture does not allow the shades to sit right.  However, I think I've devised a plan to cover up the plastic.

{Just wanted to show a pic of how the sofa faces the big picture window}

Here is the before of the rooms, when we bought the house in March.  Fortunately all I had to do was paint and put up a new curtain rod.


{We are hoping to get a piano for the wall where that floor lamp is.  
Right now it is just a blank wall and empty corner, so I did not take any current photos of that spot.  I think it will remain empty until the piano arrives...unless that never happens ;) }

Still lots to do, but it's coming along, and the process is the fun part...right???

Wishing you a Happy Memorial Weekend!

Photobucket
Linking To These Blog Parties

29 comments:

Claudia said...

Your new home is looking so pretty! It has a wonderfully cheery and welcoming vibe.

xo
Claudia

Anne Marie... said...

Hi Stacey! Your home is looking just awesome...I really like your decorating...it reminds me of Dottie Angel (I hope you know who that is) with a KathKidson punch

you know I love red...

Have you thought about putting an old door leaning up on that big wall? that would break up your space between the hutch and desk -
just an idea - add some cute fabric behind the glass part or leave plain...at least that is what I'm thinking of doing in my dining room too :)

how exciting to decorate a new house!!!!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it is all looking soo lovely! beautiful job!

traci said...

looks great stacey. i love all the pops of color. i love color!!! i agree with anne marie. an old door would look great propped against that wall.

michele at hellolovelyinc said...

it looks fabulous, Stacey! i am loving the trunk as coffee table, and the dining area is soooooo inviting.

so fresh and clean and cottagey chic!

hugs.

michele

Heidi said...

loving that picture window! everything looks so cute ~ love your choice of table and mix-it up chairs for your dining space!
:)Heidi

Lisa said...

Stacey, it's all looking wonderful. Love what you've done.

x

Cindy said...

Your home is very, very pretty. I love the pastels with the red. Very comfy looking.
Hugs, Cindy

❀ JoAnne said...

Hi Stacey - I just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did. Your living room and dining room are too cute - right up my alley. I love your style and soft color palette. Beautiful!

Elyse said...

hi stacey!

so far, so wonderful!

each piece in your home looks like something you really love and it's all working together so nicely!!! beautiful!

xo
elyse

AshTreeCottage said...

You are doing a splendid job!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love that side board in the diningroom. The wall shelf is great too. Did you make that? Love the colors!

~~Carol~~ said...

How can you possibly improve on perfection?! Your home is so incredibly pretty, and I love how you've got pops of red mixed with the pastels. That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but I'm not doing it nearly as well as you. Such a happy home you're creating!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Stacey! Your home looks so sweet and inviting! I'm loving the mix of textures and colors. It truly makes it feel 'collected' and very homey! :) Nice job!

xoxo laurie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hi Stacy: Your new home is looking so warm and pretty, you're doing a great job fixing it, there's nothing better than our first home, I assume it's your very first home? I remember when we moved to our new home with two baby girls, wow, it was heveanly! I couldn't believe my good fortune! Beautiful! I know the feeling. God bless. I'm at Rednesday too. FABBY

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I like your style! You have some wonderful vintage things!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

It looks lovely !

Free Pretty Things For You said...

I cant get enough of your pretty pictures!!! What a dream home!!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm trying to obey the sign, trying to keep calm, trying to carry on...
:-)

A SEEKER OF CRIMSON AND RED

A seeker of crimson and red
Did part her fair lips as she said,
“A daiquiri’s fine,
And so is red wine,
But I prefer claret instead!”


©2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Still Life with Red Blossoms

Deb said...

Looks great already Stacey...I sure love your style!

Just wanted to let you know that I found my pink tea towels at Zellers a few years ago...I have a bit of an obsession with tea towels!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Adore your reveal...the pillow on your couch, the painted trunk, mix match of chairs in the dining....so cute! xoox, tracie

Becca said...

This is beautiful ... crisp, whimsical and so inviting! Love your chairs from WM ... the aqua fan is too cute ... and I love how you paired a dark chair with your lovely white distressed desk. Again, LOVE this !! *Becca* (your newest follower)


www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

La-Dee-da crafter said...

i love the plates in your dining room and I love the big window. How nice!!! The table chairs are also FAB!!!
following you now.
great job so far!
ladeedacreation.com

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love it! Your living room is just beautiful - love the colors. I've been looking for a table like that for my dining room. I saw Pier 1 has a similar one will have to check out C&B

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Stacey, I'm in love with your sweet sofa, great style and that rug is amazing. looks great together!! Thanks for linking up at VIF, Debra

~Robin~ said...

LOVE the plate rack! Totally jealous of that gorgeous picture window too!

Thanks for sharing! :-)

Our Back Porch said...

What an AwEsOmE job you did! It's so cozy and inviting! I'm a little late with my visiting, but Happy Rednesday! Hope you can come by for a visit!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

D said...

Very pretty room. Love that rug. Checking out the website now.
D

michelle said...

I don't know how I missed this, your home IS coming along beautifully!! I love the rug and your table and chairs are gorgeous! Your window is so wonderful, so much natural light and I would to sit in your sitting room and look out into the world. :)