Monday, July 4, 2011

1 Year Already - A Vintage Inspired !st Birthday Party



My little one celebrated her 1st Birthday last week!  We threw a party for her, and I wanted to share some of the festivities with you.  My inspiration was...
Redandaqua

{Front porch...Oilcloth bunting purchased on Etsy}

{The deck where we had the party}

This was taken after the party was over (hence the half eaten cake), because I barely got everything done on time before the guests arrive!  Why does that always happen?!?

 {another shot of the deck...this is my new vintage style glider, purchased from Menard's...I love it!}

 {The Beverage Station...this was taken after the party as well, unfortunately}

I filled the red tub with water bottles, juice boxes, and soda, the milk glass
pitcher had lemonade in it.  The stripey straws were my favorite part!  I bought them at Pasquesi Home and Garden near me, but many of them are available on Etsy, and in different colors.  The red tub also came from Menard's.

{Cute pinwheels bought on sale for .59 cents at Hobby Lobby}

 {Paper flag bunting I made with photos of my daughter at the ages newborn through 12 months}

I made the banner using scrapbook paper (it has patterns on both sides), paper doilies, sticker chipboard letters, and grosgrain ribbon.  Everything was glued together, no sewing.  The photos were edited in Picasa and labeled with text that showed her age at the time of photo.  I used Rachel Ashwell Treasures clothespins from Michael's to attach the pictures to the bunting.

 {Bunting detail}

 {The Cake...yes, I made it!  Organic Vanilla Banana Layer Cake with Organic Vanilla Frosting.  I also made the cake bunting, you can see the tutorial HERE}

Unfortunately, my swirly design on the cake became a melted mess when this was taken.  Ugh.  That's why this blog is called, A Sort Of Fairytale though...everything I do ends up not quite perfect, but Sort Of...*wink* !

{There's the birthday girl about to eat her cake!  Believe it or not, she ate it very daintily and did not make a big mess...too funny!!}

{Many of the party supplies were purchased at Party City...the fruit "tablecloth" is a vintage curtain panel}

 {My little lucky girl received lots of presents!}

{There she is opening some...of course she was just as happy with the tissue paper and bags!!}

It was a fantastic day...so much fun and great weather for a Birthday Party!  

Photobucket

21 comments:

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Awww, she's a doll! Happy birthday little one! Love all the bright colors and pinwheels and buntings. I can't believe you got that great vintage looking glider at Menards!! Do they come in lots of colors?

melody-mae said...

what a beautiful party. Red and Aqua...LOVE it!
My post today was about my grandson's first bday party yesterday. :) haha...his was 'farm themed'...yeah, with cow balloons and everything!

happy fourth!

Marisa said...

How cute! Happy birthday lil one!!!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

oh my goodness.. can she be any more precious!

Love all the details Stacey! :)

raggygirlvintage said...

Love your color combination, and your mini banner, and your birthday banner and.....
well I love it all, she's a lucky girl!
Tracey

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday to your little one! Looks like a wonderful party - love that color combination.

xo
Claudia

Urban Farmgirl said...

Awwww....she is just the cutest!

Love all your ideas for the party, and that glider is awesome!!

Missed seeing you at the flea over the weekend...maybe next month! ;o)

Mary

michele at hellolovelyinc said...

fabulous! how great that you got to entertain outside, and all the colors look so happy together. i happen to think your cake looks delicious and funky just the way it is!

i think the bunting with the pics is my favorite detail.

have a great week, my friend.

michele

Kim K. said...

I love your mix of vintage items and color combination. What a darling birthday party for your little sweetie. I'm going to make my husband look at this post too (your kitchen makeover was truly inspirational) because I want that glider from Menards!

katygirl said...

my little guy turned one last week too! i love the bunting on the cake!

AshTreeCottage said...

Your little one year old is a precious cutie pie!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Well your cake might not have been perfect, but that Maggie sure is! What a cutie! Makes me want to go look at my girl's one year old pictures. She's 10 now.

Checked out that horrid wallpaper in your old kitchen. Wow! Makes yours all the more fabulous!

Our Back Porch said...

Happy First Birthday to your little sweetie. What a fun party! I LOVE the colors, and the pinwheels and buntings are adorable!

Have a most lovely week!
Waving from Our Back Porch,
Rebecca

Kelly said...

happy birthday to your lil one. everything looks fantastic.

malia said...

what a beautiful party... you did a gorgeous job with everything... xo

Elyse said...

aw! what a little sweetie and what a fun party! adorable theme and details! your cake sounds so yummy!

happy 1st birthday to your little one :)

xo
elyse

Mindy Harris said...

my daughter had those pinwheels at her 1st bday. but i didn't get them that cheap.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Adorable! What a wonderful first party you did for your gorgeous daughter!

~Shanon

Boho Farm and Home said...

What a great party Stacey! Love all the red and aqua. Menards...I miss Menards...you got a bunch of treats from them for sure! I can't believe she is 1!
xoxo
Caroline

Comeca Jones said...

Tooo cute! The lil red tu-tu is sooo girly!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Stacey! I am now just going through your old posts, and I think like minds think alike!!! lol Or I think that's how you say it!!! lol I LOVE this party!!! I'm not planning a birthday party for my soon to be 4 yr old this year (b/c of the move & renovation, would be too much to handle), so I was just going to celebrate with just our family of 4 & was thinking of CAKE BUNTING for his 4th bday cake...and lo & behold, you made this cake for your dear girl!!! I am planning to have a vintage car bday party for my son next year...and I already see that we think alike...too bad we live far from each other, I'm sure we'd have a blast! ;) Anyway, awesome party!!! ;)

XOXO's,
Jessie