Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flea Market A Go-Go - Flea Market Shows

I've got a Flea Market addiction...and an Estate Sale and Thrift Store addiction.  What about you?  Are you always wanting a "Fix" like me?  I just love a good day spent looking for vintage treasures.  I often have to hold back quite a bit, so I don't overspend.  My dream would be to fill up a truck to the brim with my heart's desire from the flea market!

{love all the color here}

{really, really want this print from Skippy Designs on Etsy}

{lovin' all the girly pink in here, but the doll is kinda freaking me out}

{vintage cowboy/girl boots!}

{Farm Chicks Show...my dream Flea to go to}

{more from the Farm Chicks Show}

{Flea Market Style  magazine...dedicated to all things Flea}

Have you seen the latest issue of
 Romantic Homes magazine?
It's the "Special Flea Market Issue"
Romantic Homes Cover
{Romantic Homes magazine}

{awesome booth at...again...Farm Chicks Show}

Besides the Farm Chicks Show (which should be obvious by now that I have much love for it) here are some other favorite shows, some I have been to, some I dream of going to...

{USA}
Brimfield Antique Show, MA {dream}
Marburger Farm/Round Top Antique Show, TX {dream}
Rose Bowl Pasadena Market, CA {dream}
Santa Monica Antique Market, CA {dream}
Kane County Flea Market, IL {been}
Grayslake Flea Market, IL {been}
Elkhorn Flea Market, WI {been}
Country Living Fair, OH & GA {going to the Ohio show!}
Elephant's Trunk Flea Market, CT {dream}
The Fancy Flea, FL {dream, but may get to go if my mom moves there!}
Brooklyn Flea, NY {dream}
Ruffles and Rust, A Vintage Market, WA {dream}

{International}
Portobello Road, London, England {dream}
Les Puces de Saint Ouen, Port de Clignancourt, Paris, France {dream}

Which Flea Markets are your favorites or ones you wish you could go to?


{this is a store i think, but it looks like a sweet flea market set-up as well...such cute things in there!}

{patriotic display by Whimsy and Room 363 at Three French Hens Market
photo by Tracy @ French Larkspur}

I am taking the plunge, and going to sell at my first flea market!  I will be at Kane County Flea Market in St. Charles, IL on August 6 and 7.  Come see me if you are local, look for Maggie Jane's Vintage in the Poultry Building/Barn Shed.  Hope to see and meet some fellow bloggers there too!

P.S.  Speaking of shopping, tomorrow is the Shopping Therapy Thursdays Link Up Party at my blog, please do come back and link up your Etsy and Online shops, thanks....AND be sure to check out my Giveaway!

Photobucket

22 comments:

Sarah said...

Stacey, I love a good flea too. Marburger and Round Top are my haunts because they are just an hour away. Clingnancourt is another favorite as is Port deVanves in Paris. I dream of going to the Pasadena and Santa Monica markets. ~ Sarah

Diane Mars said...

Yes I too have the same illness, and I don't think there is anything I can take for it LOL oxox, Diane

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Just came across your cute blog, and am now following along. The part where you said the doll was "kinda freaking you out," cracked me up! lol Have a great day!

Cheers from SoCali,
Jessie

Olivia said...

Oh my gosh. these are gorgeous pics! Now i need a fix!
Hugs,
Olivia

A Cottage Muse said...

This is a great post...can't wait for the weekend now!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

I'd like to go to the big stadium one in CA; Brimfield, MA and that really long (400 mile?) one down south.

This was a feast for the eyes.

I'm you're 300th follower. Is there a door prize???! :)

traci said...

great photos. i could fill up my truck with some of those great treasures too. i will make it to farm chicks someday. that is a dream of mine too. i think i will be going to kane in august. i am definitely coming to see you.

hello lovely child said...

i will try to be there! very exciting and so happy for you. i have sold at the flea market (in Pecatonica and locally, mostly country antiques and vintage bling) and for the most part enjoyed it. i learned no matter how low you price your items, there will be negotiating so might as well leave a cushion.

the images you've posted here are totally engaging and would lure anyone to the market!

michele

rosaspicks said...

I am a total flea market, garage sale, thrift store junkie!! But I've had to cut myself off until after the move. It's been like torture! Thanks for the 'fix' with all those photos!!!

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

How exciting that you are setting up a booth at the fair!! I wish I lived closer. I love treasure hunting, but I am also good at sticking to my budget. Filling up a whole truck... WOW, that would be fun!

Vicki @ CurlyWillow said...

Barb and I went to the Country Living fair last year in Ohio. The last day, Sunday, was the best!! It was really, really crowded! We found our best stuff Sunday. That is the weekend of my daughter's wedding this year... so have FUN!

Carrie @ lovely etc. said...

I love all your flea market picks. It makes me want to jump up and go look for bargains. Though I have to say I love, love, love yard sales and thrift stores but have never really had much luck at flea markets. Maybe I just haven't been to the right ones.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What great flea market pictures! Wish I could go with you. Have you ever been to Amy's blog?

http://www.vintagemarketguide.com/

She lists flea markets and shows all over the country! She also sells some great vintage items and makes the BEST pillows and totes and other things out of vintage linens.

Loved your linky party last week! Thank you!

michelle said...

These are amazing shops and good for you for getting a booth, I wish I was closer. We don't have too many great places like this but we do have a giant one that I will be going to at the end of this month, I feel like I need to win the lotto when I go because I just want everything!
xo

Nickie Frye said...

Good luck at your first flea market! I just did my first one last month (Alameda Antiques & Collectables Show in California) & it was fabulous. I haven't posted pictures of my booth on my blog yet. I was afraid to bring my nice DSLR so I shot with my crummy point-and-shoot camera. The photos are embarrassing. ;) Next month I'll get some good shots & do a proper blog post. Again, best of luck to you.

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Fantastic photos!! I love the shop that's set up like a flea market. People would either love to shop there or hate it. So much stuff to go thru!! Best of luck with your first venture in the flea market world. I wish I lived closer!! I love that you're going to be in the poultry building/barn shed!!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Jen @ Bungalov said...

Aww good luck at your first flea market. Post some pics. Wish I could go in August but got plans that weekend. I was thinking bout doing one this summer as my first too but can't get my stuff together...

Kirsty said...

Just wish I knew where more of them were!

dannette said...

Oh, I just cant get enough of the flea markets and garage sales and thrift stores and I could go on and on. Some of the photos you have, What I wouldnt do to go to some of those, ahhhhh, Dreaming!!! Too bad our flea market is only on Sundays but it is a big one and I have no problem getting outta bed at dawns early crack LOL~! Thanks for sharing all thos wonderful photos!! Hugs & Smiles, Dannette

Carolyn@SweetChaos said...

I am right there with you... love going to flea markets! All your photos were making me wish I had one to go to today! Maybe I'll see you at Country Living in Ohio. I'm hoping to go for the first time this year. Have you been to it before? Any tips for newbies??

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Fortunately I too have the same addiction...I love thrifting!! Love the sweet little pink bench in your first photo! Thanks for sharing! Good luck on your first show!!

Stephanie Suzanne ♥ Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Stacey,

Oh yes...I have the same desires. :0) I guess the one thing that is saving me money is that there are not a lot flea markets like you've pictured around me. I do so love to look at all the pictures that the bloggers post. {sigh}

Good Luck at your show. It seems that folks must do fairly well or else they wouldn't keep coming back. I wish a boatload of sales. :0)

I'm visiting for Pink Saturday...would love to have you pop in for a visit.

Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥
Queen of Dreamsz