Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Country Living Is Good Living - The Fair 2011

Hi, there!  I've been back since Sunday from the Country Living Fair in Ohio, but it took me half the week just to go through my pictures and upload them!  I've posted quite a few pics on here, so hopefully you'll stick with me on this one...I promise there's plenty of eye candy!

Now of course you'll see why this booth was right up my alley...
 Bright colors, Vintage Fun, and Bunting Galore!

 Loved all the cute tins in here!

This was the Modern June booth, famous for their oil cloth creations

Next, we have Stash Style, a very cool booth, full of faded vintage goodies...

 love these pillows, and the couch was so pretty...I wonder if someone bought it?

 Union Jacks!  You know I love them!

I don't know the name of this one, but there were tons of 
unique vintage items in here...

Here we have Happy Chair, creator Shawna Robinson, upholsters the most unbelievable chairs and sofas you have ever seen!


 That's me, in a Happy Chair!

This is the Kelly Lane booth, a fancy cowgirl-chic theme here...
 Love the tutu explosion happening here!

 Oodles of cowboy/girl boots...i wanted those red ones!

 There were lots of cute totes and bags at the fair

This dealer specializes in British Transit Route Signs and upholstery...
 The chairs are just super cool, don't you think?

 Couldn't resist snapping a pic of these pretty vintage aprons

On to a little tour of the grounds now...
 The Pumpkin Tower

 Sweet mini vintage metal bench...wanted that too.

Pumpkins for sale

 The fair entrance...I was so excited to just get in there already!

 The Country Living Demo Kitchen

 The Country Living Hall, where you could find the likes of...
Sarah Gray Miller, Editor-in-Chief of Country Living magazine.  I did meet her, and told her she looks just like her picture in the magazine, which she truly does...
she was so flattered that she decided to give me a job as a Country Living Contributor right on the spot!  Ok, that part didn't happen.  The rest is true though!
It is also true that I would love to write for, or contribute to the magazine, as well as, other magazines such as, Romantic Homes and Romantic Country in anyway they would have me.  Just puttin' it out there folks...

 The Country Living General Store, selling all thing Country Living Brand...
books, totes, magazine, etc.

 The Country Living Cafe (indoor and outdoor seating)

I didn't eat there, but did at the some of the stands throughout the fair.  My favorite by far was the ice cream at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams!  I had salted caramel ice cream and let me tell you, it was the best ice cream I have ever had!  Yum City.

Something I loved, especially if you read my recent post, was the 
Sister's On The Fly trailers displayed at the fair...
 Cutest Teardrop Trailer

 The Teardrop Kitchen

 The Teardrop Bedroom

 Another Sister's On The Fly trailer...cute to boot for sure!

 The adorable trailer dining area

Not part of Sister's On The Fly, but a Lemonade Stand in a trailer...love it!


Hope you enjoyed my Country Living Fair pics!  I had such a great time there, it was definitely worth traveling to, and there was more than enough to do and see for a 2 day visit.  Prices were pretty much all over the place, if you were wondering.  I saw things that were expensive and just in being so, and I saw things that were really just overpriced.  There were plenty of good bargains to be had all in between as well.  I came away with vintage linens for repurposing, vintage bottles, tins, paper ephemera, a handmade jacket made from vintage chenille for my daughter, and just tons and tons of inspiration!  The fair is to be held in Austin, TX in April and I am hoping to go to that one as well.


Just a note...
I may be M.I.A for a bit, as I prepare to sell at two shows in October at,
the Kane County Flea Market and Na-Da Farm.  I promise to be back with regular posts and visits after the shows are over...oh how I wish I didn't need sleep, I could get so much more done!

Photobucket

22 comments:

ArtsyNina said...

Can you invite me over for next years fair?! Pretty please? it looks so fun- like my Junk Bonanza but warmer :)

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Looks like oodles & oodles of fun & eye candy!!! Really wish I could've gone to this one! Thank you so much for sharing...oh and you look cute in that chair! ;) Have fun on the next two events!


XOXO's,
Jessie

Ruby Jean said...

Oh My... I would have the HARDEST time not to want to buy and bring everything home... : ) I Know for sure I would have walked away with some Cowboy Boots as I live in those things... : ) Have fun selling...

Vintage Market Place said...

Gosh, I must make it there one day.
It sounds amazing and looks like so much fun!
I would love to just be able to go to a show even similar to this but alas I live in the most boring place on earth for creativity :(
Amy

The Cottage Market said...

HOW ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think this city girl has to take a visit country side!!!! LOVE this POST!!!! hugs...

traci said...

oh my. now after seeing your photos, i 've got to go next year. wow... did you buy lots?

michelle said...

Everything looks so great! I really should go next year, it isn't too far from me. I am glad that you had a great day and your look so cute!
Good luck with the fairs!!
xoxo

Shabbygal said...

So much eye candy! looks like so much fun! Traci

Debby said...

Oh, I love your pictures. Of course Modern June. I contacted her through her etsy shop, now word back yet. Gotta have a banner.
I also posted the lemonade stand and the pumpkins of course.
I took pictures of the campers, not posted yet. The other things I didn't see, sob, wish I had seen the subway signs.
Oh, it was fun.
I did see the editor. They were filiming her as they walked up to the photo booth.....then we made a scene and they filmed us. I also went to the country store, that's where I knew I lost my purse.
No worries it was recovered and sent to the information bldg. and they called my hubby....all in 10 minutes.

Vicki @ CurlyWillow said...

Wow! Always great... love that fair! How did you get so many great pics without people all over. Last year when Barb and I were there, we could barely get into the booths, they were packed... I mean really packed with people.

Vintage Country Girl said...

I am so jealous! I am planning on going with my friend next year. I can't wait! Did you buy much?

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Looks like such a FUN time! I spy many things I would have wanted to take home, too. The Cath Kidston style booth was my favorite!!

:) Becky

michele said...

hello courage! love that pillow. awesome photos, stacey--you really did a fab job covering this.

i'll have my people talk to country living's people.*

lovelovelove
michele

*i have no people
but be perseverant and just
keep submitting stuff til you wear 'em down

Shabby Chic Sandy said...

I am so jealous--I would have loved to be able to go there!

Honey at 2805 said...

Such a wonderful fair! Love that eye candy and pumpkin tower.

I would be delighted if you would link to Potpourri Friday (in progress) and giveaway!

Elyse said...

SWOON
GASP
and REPEAT!

how AWESOME!

thank you for being 'scoop brady' and sharing great pics, cutie!

xo
elyse

Natasha in Oz said...

I wish we had fairs like that over here! I can't believe how amazing it was. You are so lucky to have gone.

Thanks for taking me on a virtual tour!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Sherry said...

Okay, there is so many ideas here my head is swimming! What a great idea to use that little vintage trailer! Such cute booths too!
Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

SimpleThingsSweetLife said...

Really enjoyed your photos...beautiful eye candy! Modern June was one of my favorite booths last year...I saved her business card for repurposing b/c it was so cute. I also loved the Sisters on the Fly booth last year...they only had one trailer on display, but it was perfection. Wish, wish, wish I could shop at your Kane County Flea Market Booth! We are coming to Chicago for a visit but not til the 3rd weekend.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Thanks for taking us along, looks like so much fun. thanks for linking up to VIF! xo

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Oh My Heart!!! It hurts- everything is sooo Pretty! Thanks for sharing the pictures. My sister and I came so close to going this year, but it didn't quite work out. I am so regretful now. Very Fun!
Thanks for being part of my Friday Pretties, It is certainly Very pretty over here!!!
P.S. I wish so much I could go to the Nada Farms show. My sister, Sherrie, from A Ruffle Nest, is going to be a part of it with Carter's Cottage. Do you know Sherrie?

kpaints said...

What a wonderful fair...I can tell you had a great time....hard to resist all that lovely candy!