Friday, November 4, 2011

Ode To Home Depot...

Dear Home Depot,

I visit you often, more than I should, and you never fail me when it comes to having all the goods I need for my projects around the house and otherwise.  While many other gals are at the mall, browsing the latest shoes and handbags, I am with you, sweet Home Depot, wandering your aisles, checking out your paints, waxes, and hardware...you never mind when I don't show up dressed to the nines.
Once again, you did not disappoint when I saw that you had these...

{photos taken with my iPhone}

Vintage Inspired Industrial and Mod Lighting!

Now you know me all too well that some of these fixtures are just not my type (too modern), but you definitely had some really some really great ones for the vintage enthusiast in me.  The best part is that you had these...


Vintage Style Edison Light Bulbs!

Oh, Home Depot, how wise you are to offer these...they are all the rage in the lighting world now!  Your prices are just right, and instant gratification...no having to wait for them to be delivered {I previously have only seen them online to order}.

Thank you, my dear Home Depot, you will always be the other "man" in my life...miss you...see you soon!

Love,
Photobucket


11 comments:

DondaLee's said...

Haha this is too cute! That's how I feel about Hobby Lobby.=) Guess I need to write an "ode" for that. And snatch up those vintage bulbs while you can because pretty soon your only option will be "eco friendly" bulbs. =)

~~Carol~~ said...

Although I'm a Menards girl, I do under4stand your preference for a hardware store over the mall any day!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

So funny!
I can spend hours there too.
I am loving Lowe's at the moment.

:)
xx
A

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I find myself spending more and more time at Home Depot too! I just got the coolest industrial style lamp for my sons desk there.

michele said...

i do love the depot!

michele

Karen said...

You made me laugh! Our store in Australia is called Bunnings and I am a frequent visitor too:) God bless x

Lesley's Girls said...

So true!

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

Thanks Stacey for enlightening me! I'm a mall gal and don't get to Home Depot often enough but since I'm looking for some over the breakfast bar pendants, I'll be heading there to check those fixtures out! I'm looking for something with beach cottage vintage industrial flair. Wish me luck ;-)

Barb

Elyse said...

yep, i can be found sauntering about ol' HD, too. nice magazine selection, twix at the register, paint chip palooza ...

i'm with you on this (of course).

xo
elyse

Lynn said...

I have a love affair with Home Depot too! But I don't think mine here in WNY has such cool light fixtures. I'm going to have to check it out tomorrow. And the Edison bulbs? I'm amazed. So cool. Thanks for the chuckle :)
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

McMaster and Storm said...

how funny thought today haven't been to home depot in a while & I must go as I need those lightbulbs. We have a shopping weekend planned. yaay

thanks for your sweet comment about my grandma.....

xo
kara