Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hey, where ya been?!

I've been under the covers, that's where.  Sick.  Ugh.
BUT...
I am feeling better today!  Finally.
Being sick is a good reminder not to take your health for granted.  Well, I was just walloped with a  BIG FAT reminder!  I also reminded myself that I should be taking better care of myself...as in take vitamins, get more sleep, stop trying to do EVERYTHING, be EVERYWHERE.  Maybe these are the New Year's resolutions I should have made...

Prior to being hit with the yucky, icky, cold/flu bugaroo, I was in the midst redecorating my daughter's room.  It's not finished yet, but I can show you a peak...


I'm not sure when it will be done, but I am getting there, and hopefully I can share it with you soon!

I'm also working on sewing a bag {have never done before} for the 

 I picked some fabric and have myself a pattern, so now all I need to do is get sewing!  I am thinking tomorrow is the day...it better be, because I am gonna run out of time at the rate I'm goin'!  The challenge ends on the 30th and my partners and I will be hosting a multi-blog link party on the 31st, where we want you to link up all the "Impossible" projects you've been working on...even if they're not completed, no worries, it's all about sharing and inspiring!

I wouldn't have anything to worry about sewing that bag, if I had the skills of Renee at My Vintage Mending.  She sent me the most adorable fabric bins, at my request, because I just had to have them for my daughter's new room! 

 As you can see, the bins came wrapped up in the cutest package, along with her darling blog/business card and she even threw in a sweet little vintage hankie too.  

I am IN LOVE with these bins!
Isn't blogging just the best?!  It's such fun to swap {I have some pretties on the way to her} goodies with your blog pals, isn't it ?  Stop by My Vintage Mending and see all the other sweet things she makes!

On one last note, we had our first snow storm of the season, and while I was comatose for most of it, today I snapped a couple pics out in the backyard...

 {this blue chair has been outside since the spring...I use it to prop flower pots}

 {poor lil' Gnomie has been left out since the summer}

{more vintage wood relics for the garden}

I find the snow pretty so far, but give me a month and I will be over it, wishing I were somewhere tropical!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

XO,
Stacey

*all photos mine unless otherwise noted*



24 comments:

Vicki said...

So sorry you were sick. But, I know, I know... I was sick too for like two weeks. Finally got to the doctor and got some meds. Hope you starting feeling 100%. Maggie's a lucky little girl to have you as a Mommy. Her room is gonna be the bomb!

kpaints said...

Sorry you have been down for the count. It sure is debilitating, isn't it? Hope you are back to full normal soon!

Debby said...

Feel better soon.

Diane Mars said...

Glad you are feeling better, I was real sick with that cold / flu thing!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I hope you're feeling better! i love your decor :)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hope you're feeling better Stacey!
Your snowmeo looks so cute~
xoxox
Alison

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Get better soon. I love the bins from Vintage Mending! She is so talented!
Blessings,
Susie

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

these images are oh so pretty! i can't wait to see your daughter's room! i have a feeling i will love it from that glimpse! kind of a similar feel to emmy's room i think (or what i am going for when it's done!).
and love the gnome- we watched gnomeo and juliet last night and the kids and i decided we need some garden gnomes.... chris is not so sure so we need to convince him! :)

Allyson said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. I can't wait to see what you're working on!

New post at Cupcakes and Candy Canes!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

michelle said...

I am so sorry you had the ick, it has been going through our house too, no fun! I can't wait to see your daughters room, I know it will be so sweet.
Love the little bins, blogging is the best. :)
xoxoxo

Eclectically Vintage said...

Glad you're feeling better - get cracking on the purse girl! Love your gnome - I have 2 vintage ones in my garden - maybe they could all have a playdate!
Kelly

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

So glad to see that you're up-and-at-em! I've been fighting a little sewing challenge here today and am ready to throw my machine out the window, along with the most annoying fabric ever!

xo
Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

My Vintage Mending said...

I am just so glad to hear you are feeling better and green with envy that you got all that gorgeous snow. You are just a sweet one to mention me here. Your sewing will be just perfect. I spent the day ripping out seam after seam. Some days you just can't win...smiles...Renee

Free Pretty Things For You said...

SO GLAD to know your feeling better!!
We are total germaphobes here!! we are terrified to get sick! My daughter will be scarred for life :)

Isnt Renee Just the BEST!!! LOVE

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! And great progress with your "impossible"!
blessings,
karianne

Ruby Jean said...

Oh I am glad to hear you are Feeling better... :) I LOVE Renee she makes the SWEETEST little things... :) Can't wait to see your daughter's room.. and your cute little bag :)

michele said...

stacey--i'm sure this will be a better week for you! i love the peek at maggie's room, and the blue chair is DIVINE.

i'm up to my eyeballs in work around the house--cannot wait to breathe again.

smiles to you.

michele

traci said...

glad you are feeling better. the flu is no fun. can't wait to see maggie's room. i love the turquoise chair in the snow.

Sherry said...

I'm happy you're feeling much better now, good luck with sewing your bag...I'm you newest follower and I'm imagining the impossibilities"

Creative in Chicago said...

So glad you are feeling better. Love that photo of the blue chair covered in snow.

Thought I'd share the progress on my impossible project
string art progress

Karen said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. I hope you are feeling fit and healthy again now! I am so very jealous of your snow pictures. We are in the midst of a heat wave like no other - temps in the 40 degrees Celsius range for seven days end to end and no aircon!! Please Lord blow some cool air over to this side of the world:)Good luck with your sewing project. You can do it! God bless x

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

those are cute fabric bins! and that chair in the snow! gasp! perfect color. perfect chippiness!

Erin said...

The fabric bins are absolutely precious and will be adorable in Maggie's room! (And I can see from a quick glance I'll be spending some time at Renee's blog with all her lovely vintage sewing projects.)

Wish I could send you some of our warm weather from down here in NC! The high today is (a very unseasonable, but I'll take it) 65 and I decided to break out my flip flops to expose my pale feet to the sunshine. :)

A tale from toadstool house said...

Hi Stacy I found your lovely blog through blog hopping from Brendas at cozy house.I love your home and makes,happy weekend,love juliexxx