Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Impossibilities Challenge

The start of a new year is full of possibilities...right?  Well, that's what I hear out there since 2012 rolled around. It's a time to address those big projects and goals that have been looming, and looming, and...yeah, you get the idea ;) . You might say it's time to conquer your "impossible", what you think you cannot do or do not have the courage to try.

What's My Impossible?

Sewing!

{Yep, that's right folks, sewing, I'm not talking creating world peace here}

I have successfully learned how to sew pillow covers and curtains, but that's about it, and it's time to move on! I really have wanted to try a tote/purse, but thought it far too impossible for someone to accomplish at my meager skill level. Until, I decided to take the {drumroll}...


I'm joining these other talented bloggers in the "Imagine The Imossibilities Challenge" and the project I am tackling will look something along the lines of this...

  {Source}
The fabric, handles, and possibly shape will be different, but you get the idea. Do you think I am "copping out" by not sewing handles? I kinda do, but I'm just gonna give myself that easy out...plus, I like the bamboo handles and have seen some cute colored lucite ones I like also.
I have until Jan. 30th to complete my challenge...the pressure's on!  I will be doing weekly updates on the progress and reveal the final result on Jan. 31st, which will culminate in a celebratory Link Party with my blog challenge partners, where YOU TOO, will be able to link up your "Impossible"...you do want to join us don't you?!  We'd be delighted if you did!  

Grab our button and post it on your blog or Facebook, post about it with your "Impossible Challenge", then link up at the party the end of the month.  I know you've all got new projects in the fire for the start of 2012...come show them off!

My Partners In Crime {including their challenges}:

Kari - Thistlewood Farm - homemade bread
Kelly - Eclectically Vintage - basement organizing
Linda - It All Started With Paint - painting a vaulted ceiling
Andrea - The Cottage Market - organizing craft room
Karah - The Space Between - making a gallery wall using only 1 screw in the wall

What's Your Impossible?
 

12 comments:

linwood avenue said...

you are going to do great! you'll finish and say "what was I worried about". one of my favorite patterns is this one... http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2009/04/jane-market-bag.html

it is super easy to follow and once you make it, you will be able to figure out how most other bags are made.

good luck!

Cozy Little House said...

You can do it! I'm here cheering you on.
Brenda

Eclectically Vintage said...

Since I can't even sew a button I'm excited to see your reveal! It starts with a purse ... then you'll be moving on to drapes, dresses ...
Kelly

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Stacy, so happy to see you up and running again ... and am excited to see your final product (and tutorial, I hope, since I'm a pillow/curtain sew-er too).

xxoo

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

Oh, and it looks like the 25th might be the day us Chi city gals get together ...

Boho Farm and Home said...

Love this idea Stacey! The next time I come to visit you at the Kane County Flea your going to be selling these purses with your own hand sewn appliques too...you go girl! xoxo

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Oh, I'm lovin' it!! I can see the purses now! Have a wonderful weekend. blessings ~ Tanna

My Vintage Mending said...

Remember...Seam Rippers are your friend!

You will love it...

Smiles...Renee

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

I am so glad you are up and running....perfectly....I might add! I can't wait to see your impossible!

blessings,
karianne

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i am doing it! i am going to get emmy's closet doors done!

Jamie @ The Bullock 5 said...

Newest follower here! Taking the impossibilities challenge and building our fireplace! I just blogged about our start of it here
http://thebullock5.blogspot.com/2012/01/building-fireplace.html

Allyson said...

All of these sound so fun! I will definitely follow along. I need some sewing inspiration...I'm not great at it!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Misty said...

My impossible is decluttering my house after moving the week of Christmas over 2 YEARS AGO! Thanks for sharing yours! <3 from your newest follower and fellow {brand-new} blogger! Follow my blog :) and check out my impossibility!
~Misty
www.413sparrowlane.com