Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #2 - JoAnne at A Pocketful Of Blue

So excited to be hosting my 2nd Blogger's Home Tour!  Today, we are touring the sweet home of blogger, JoAnne from A Pocketful Of Blue!  Here's a little about JoAnne in her own words...

"I am a stay at home Mom with a wonderful husband, two adorable kids that keep me on my toes and one chubby cat! I love taking care of my family and home. Decorating and making our house into a cozy home is a passion of mine."


I love how JoAnne's home is surrounded by serene shades of blue throughout...we definitely share the same adoration for the color, Robin's Egg Blue and for Aqua Mason Jars!  There are always pretty little details here and there, and the whole house just flows so nicely together in color and style.  After the tour, be sure to read the little Q & A with JoAnne about her decor.


 Don't you love her kitchen?!  Check out the blue Kitchen Aid mixer!





 Love the striped rug and the leather furniture together!



Gorgeous Bathrooms!


Such a pretty and relaxing bedroom...love the linens...


Aren't her photos great too?!  She uses a point and shoot camera... it's the photographer, not the camera, my friends!


Q & A With JoAnne from A Pocketful Of Blue


1.  How would you describe the decorating style in your home?  

 My style is anything that evokes the feeling of warmth and coziness.  For me, that would primarily mean cottage and farmhouse style.   I’m also drawn towards French décor which you can see in our master bedroom. 

2.  What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration? 

 These days, most of my inspiration comes from all of the wonderful blogs out there.  I just love being able to see how real people decorate and they have had a big influence on me.  I think a lot more about how things I already have can be repurposed or changed to fit my style today.  Layering items to create interesting vignettes and using things in a different or unusual way is something I have learned.   My creative side has really begun to surface from all of the inspiration out there.  I also like websites like Country Living and Better Homes & Garden.

3.  Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within "your style", or does anything you like find it's way into your house?

 There are other styles that I think are pretty such as the more contemporary styles that incorporate bolder colors and strong graphics.  But my first love is cottage style so I never venture too far from that.  I have always loved color and I am mostly drawn towards very soft shades of blues, greens, pinks and whites.  I love for my home to feel calm and soothing and definitely not too busy or cluttered. 

4.  What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

My favorite store to shop at is Homegoods.  I love the hunt for a unique treasure and the prices are reasonable there.  I also love barn sales and flea markets.  Where we live in Ohio, there are not a lot of those around but I have discovered a few good ones.  I also found an antique mall not too far from me that I really like.  It’s huge, so I can only go there when I have plenty of time because of course I have to look at everything!

5.  What is your next or current decor project in your home?

Our most recent project is a low cost update of our basement rec room.  This is where our kids hang out, play video games, etc.  Right now it is really yucky, I mean   seriously yucky!  The plan is to paint, clean the carpet, new furniture from Ikea and a few smaller things.  We have done a little bit but I really need to get to work on it!  The next big project we hope to do is on our second floor.  The bathroom is very old and teensy, tiny.  The ceiling is sloped due to the cape cod style of our home so it will involve adding a dormer window.  We are in the planning stages but it may be a little while before we actually get started.  

So that's where all your kiddo's stuff is...the basement!  Mine too!  Mostly.  Looking forward to seeing the basement and second floor in your house evolve, JoAnne, and thank you so much for sharing your lovely home here today!


Fellow readers, be sure to pay a visit to JoAnne's blog, A Pocketful Of Blue for even more inspiration and some pretty great Before and After Makeovers in her home!

XO,
Stacey

For more Blogger Home Tours go {HERE}

19 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a gorgeous home, magazine worthy! Popping over to see more pics!

{northern cottage} said...

ahhh lovely! thanks for sharing!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Thanks for another beautiful tour.
Blessings,
Susie

michelle said...

JoAnne has such a beautiful home and I love all the blues she incorporates. I can't wait to see the basement and bathroom!
xoxox

Vintage Market Place said...

wow that kitchen is straight out of a magazine shoot!
Amazing!
So clean and fresh, every room is really.
Thanks for sharing :)
AMy

My Vintage Mending said...

It looks like a comfortable place to stay for a while. Calm and cozy. Smiles...Renee

birdie blue said...

what a beautiful home, peaceful and serene. and, i love all the blue.

xo
molly

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it's beautiful- love that kitchen!

Rebecca said...

So lovely - I do adore blue and white :-) Becks x

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

so pretty and fresh! Thanks for the introduction!

Urban Farmgirl said...

So cheerful!!! Love all that white with punches of color!

Mary

Melanie said...

Oh my, such a beautiful home! TFS!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Gorgeous home! I really love the kitchen, it's just dreamy. I love how simple everything is, not cluttered. Such beautiful shades of blue throughout, love it!

~Shanon

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

It's beautiful! So cozy and inviting..

Jann Olson said...

Very warm and inviting. Love the blue and white!
Hugs,
Jann

malia said...

Oh my gosh how pretty, light, bright and organized! Love it!

Rebecca @ heartland farmhouse said...

beautiful! i appreciate how it isn't overly decorated. thank you both for sharing.

Heaven's Walk said...

Love the pops of blue and aqua that she uses! Her house is so light and airy and summery looking! :)

xoxo laurie

katina said...

Is there any way to find out where her leather couches came from?! That is the exact style and color I've been looking for for quite some time!!