Monday, March 12, 2012

Getting The Good Out Of Goodwill

 I haven't been to Goodwill in awhile, but I made a quick stop on Sunday and came away with these treasures...


Two lamps...the brass one will be getting some shiny red spray paint!  Check out the milk glass one...who gives this stuff away?!?  It's my good fortune though!  The brass lamp was $4.99 and the milk glass one, $2.99 .  I heart finding vintage lamps at Goodwill...nothing beats cute vintage at those prices!  I am often floored at the prices of new lamps, specifically fancy designer ones...I cannot fathom spending $100+ on a table lamp. 


Other treasures included three vintage milk glass shades with a rose motif...I have the perfect fixture for these pretties.  I actually just received three vintage milk glass shades from Etsy and let me tell you, they were NOT 49 cents each, like these were!

I love to pick up paint by number paintings when I see them...these lovelies were 99 cents each!

Also in the bunch, a vintage Florida souvenir plate, I collect different states of these plates too.

Thrifting...It's A Good Thing.

XO,
Stacey

Sharing Here:


 

19 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

OMG it shocks me that your goodwill prices are so cheap.
Here you can't even step into a goodwill, you might as well just go to Nordstroms to shop, its the same price.
Why is it our prices are so MUCH HIGHER????
Amy
Love the paint by numbers!!!

Katie Goldsworthy said...

Agreed! Some of my friends say, "I just don't find anything at the GW or yardsales" and I think, geesh, I have the opposite problem. I can see a cool use for just about anything!

Nice finds :)

--Katie
@ Creatively Living

Allyson said...

I can't wait to see how that lamp turns out! I love a good Goodwill find!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

traci said...

well look at you. great treasures. that milk glass lamp is adorable. it found a great home.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Score for Stacey! I love milk glass lamps! I have one but it's a bit wobbly. Any tips for tightening them up?

The prices at our local GW have gone up considerably but fortunately, not everyone in the price department knows that so I can still find some good deals! ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh I am living through you. It is always hit or miss. I am headed out today. Hope I come close to your gorgeous stuff...smiles...Renee

luci wallis said...

I am always miss when I head to Goodwill..you found some good things.
Bristol

Karen Bates said...

Fun finds! Can't wait to see what you do with the lamp.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

Those are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. My favorite is the milk glass lamp.

blessings,
karianne

Thauna said...

I've been wanting to go thrifting...I need some new treasures.

Thauna said...

I've been wanting to go thrifting...I need some new treasures.

JoAnne Weisser said...

Those glass shades are really sweet. You found some wonderful things, Stacey!

Unknown said...

Score! Love being at GW! Good haul, smart shopping! ;/)

Red Gate Farm said...

Apparently your Goodwill is MUCH cheaper than mine... most of the "good" stuff is overpriced at ours :( so I've been sticking to another local thrift store for good finds :)

~Chris

Pamela Bates of Mercantile Muse said...

Nice haul....those shades are too sweet!

Jann Olson said...

Fun finds! I especially love the white hobnail lamp.
Hugs,
Jann

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Great finds, Stacey!
Love old paint by numbers too.
Hope this finds you well!
xox
A

Jen @ Bungalov said...

LOVe the milk glass lamp of course :)

michele said...

great finds, stacey! i can't wait to see how you use those paintings!

michele