Monday, March 19, 2012

Random Monday Musings and Plans...

Hello!

Ah, Monday, the start of a fresh new week...it never fails, I am always completely whipped by Friday, then renewed over the weekend and ready for Monday...sort of.

This week I am planning on sharing my bathroom makeover... that is, if all goes well!
I just have to finish up the tier curtains I'm making and add some fabric embellishment to the plain white shower curtain.  I was planning on switching out the faucet, but I decided to get a new kitchen faucet first, then replace the bathroom one later.  Really, it's not a bad faucet anyway...simple, fairly cute and newish...I cannot say the same for the kitchen one.  I've found some pretty vintage inspired faucets at discounted prices at Wayfair.com, by the way, should you be looking as well.

Some dreamy bathroom inspiration...



I have been simultaneously working on the guest bedroom as I've been finishing up the bathroom.  We were able to paint it two weeks ago, and now it's all about furniture, bedding and accessories...the best part!!!  My pallet is red, white, cream, natural linen color, with maybe some touches of blue.  I've been inspired by these farmhouse style, cottage fresh bedrooms...



...and although I am not really a Francophile, I have been inspired by this book {love all the red, white, cream, and linen colors in here}...


I went to a new to me antique mall on Sunday and came away with some cute vintage accessories and linens, some of which will make their way into the guest bedroom.  My perfect day of "me time" consists of antiquing, flea marketing, and thrifting...I just get lost for hours...can you relate?

Okay, it's gonna get kind of random now...

I'm thinking of changing my blog header design, etc...just freshen things up...thoughts?  I may do some tinkering on my own in Photoshop to create a design, but very well could possibly end up hiring a designer...any recommendations?
 ***edit***  blog design has been changed!  Just played around on Photoshop for a couple hours the other night and came up with a new header and some sidebar titles...what do you think?

I'm very excited about the Na-Da Farm Barn Sale I will be selling at this May!  I'll be sharing a booth space in the barn with my awesome pals:


{Photo by Anne Marie @ Na-Da Farm}

I'm kind of stressing about getting everything together for the show though...eek!

Speaking of vintage events, have you checked out Serena Thompson's My Favorite Find?  That Farm Chick is just a genius I tell ya!


It's been so warm for the past week in IL...like in the upper 70's and sunny!  March is NEVER like this for us...maybe a stray warm day or two, but not a stretch for a week and counting so far.  It's been so fun being outside with Maggie...that little girl loves herself a ride down the slide!  The leaves are starting to bloom on the trees here and my daffodils have popped up and bloomed as well...I hope it doesn't get too cold again (this is IL after all), causing the new greenery to get all shocked and confused...that would be sad!

Since my life is a perpetual cycle of laundry, I must sadly say goodbye, and go tend to the gigantic piles of it... *sigh*
Hope you are having a great Monday so far and I hope to be back again this week with some bathroom makeover reveal photos!

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  Have you seen the last two Blogger Home Tours???

11 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

I would love to see a collage or photos of your home in your banner.
Brenda

JoAnne Weisser said...

Wow, Stacey, you have so much going on ~ all good things though (except the laundry of course)! The red & white bedroom pictures are so pretty ~ can't wait to see your finished room! Wish I lived close enough to come to the barn sale ~ sounds like so much fun! Good luck with all of your projects. I know they'll be great!!

Allyson said...

This all sounds so great! I can't wait to see finished products!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

My Vintage Mending said...

Do not stop...go directly over to Miss Keren at Free Pretty Things for You(.com) and she will work you up a magic design. She has talent beyond. Go check out http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-sweet-embroidery.html
to see her work. You will love it. By the way I could jump into any of those photos and live. Smiles...Renee

Mrs. Sutton said...

I can't wait to see the big 'reveal'! I do love a makeover, and your blog is so gorgeous!

My Vintage Mending said...

So jealous. I can sew a hidden zipper, make a Cathedral window quilt block but I cannot for the life of me figure this blog thing out. The header looks amazing. I love it. Well done. Keren is working on mine. Poor dear I think I might have asked her to create a miracle. Just remember that next time you get stumped on a stitch...you can work magic on a computer...smiles...Renee

thistlewoodfarm said...

Can't wait to see the big reveal! I love all your inspiration.....especially that bedroom with the red and white *sigh*

blessings,
karianne

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Congrats on being a finalist over at Whisperwood Cottages! Well deserved! Your house is precious!!!

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

I just found your blog and wanted to let you know you style is just adorable and so cozy. Can't wait to look around some more. Stop by my place if you have some time. I am your newest follower. Have a wonderful evening:)

Jann Olson said...

Oh that 7-Up sink stole my heart! All of the rooms are wonderful! Wish I was where I could attend your sale. Sounds so fun! Don't stress, just do your best! lol! Really, stressing never accomplihes much.
Hugs,
Jann

michele said...

hope to make it to the farm this yr, stacey so thanks for the added incentive!

smiles.

michele