Monday, April 16, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #4 - Shanon @ Vintage Sparkle Chic

If you love Shabby Chic, pretty and elegant decor {and who doesn't?} you are going to love the 4th stop on the Blogger's Home Tours series



Shannon lives with her husband and adorable girls in this gorgeous house...
















Super pretty, yet relaxed and comfy, right??

Style Q & A with Shanon

1.  How would you describe the decorating style in your home? 

I have evolved over these last few years to shabby chic/farmhouse vintage and anything "Paris".  It has been fun to change my home over but it is slow going. I don't think I'll ever be "there" but that's the allure of it! It's always changing.

2.  What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?  

Blogs for sure, Pinterest, magazines.

3.  Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within "your style", or does anything you like find it's way into your house?

I am drawn to other styles and love to see other people's homes. If I truly love something, then it is right for my home. If it makes me happy then it is right for me. Not right for everyone for sure. My kids have been saying, "mommy! No more white!" Luckily my husband is very supportive. He has even surprised me by finding some vintage pieces and painting then distressing them. So sweet.
 
{That is the sweetest, ever!!!}

4.  What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

The Barn in Castle Rock, Colorado. I also love the Paris Flea Market which comes one day a month from May to October in Littleton, Colorado. Etsy shops are so fun, too, and I notice I have been buying from them more and more. I love to support the smaller businesses!

5.  What is your next or current decor project in your home?

Paint, paint, and more painting! That is what is really weighing over me right now. I'm too cheap to pay to have it done so it is moving slowly from room to room. Our living room and front room are the next ones to be done. They are colors I used to love and now can't stand. Every time I walk into the rooms I am dreaming of creamy white walls....
 
Thank you, so very much Shanon for sharing your beautiful home today!!  
 
As I share more of these tours, I am seeing without a doubt that the style of decor completely fits the Blogger's personality...I just love that...it's exactly what a home should be in my opinion, a reflection of the person/people who live there, not a current trend or what is "in" at the time. 

For more Vintage Sparkle Chic goodness, visit the blog {HERE} and don't forget to check out Shanon's Etsy Shop too!

XO,
Stacey

See More Blogger's Home Tours {HERE}

28 comments:

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Shanon is such a sweetheart, so fun to see her home in this tour! I love the little bio at the end, so fascinating to see people's style! :) thanks for sharing!!

Fox Hollow Cottage said...

So many pretty pictures full of yummy, shabby-white goodness! Like the little Q&A at the end too ;)
It was just right.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Thank you, Stacey! You are the sweetest!

~Shanon

Vintage Market Place said...

Your home tours are fun :)
Amy

Rachel Knoblich said...

This house is beautiful! I love the home tours! Are you looking for more people?

Denise said...

Much enjoyed. Thank you to the both of you. Denise From Coffeeberry Cottage

Le garçon avec les lunettes, said...

love these immages so much!!!

MY CUP OF COFFE

Justin said...

This house is awesome. The home decor accents are just beautiful. I just bought one of those suitcase decorations from World to Home, hopefully it looks just as good in mine as yours.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love Shanon. Her home is as beautiful as her personality. Thanks for featuring her decor.

michele said...

loving the light especially in the first image. feels like we're peeking into this lovely home!

michele

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a pretty home! the aqua and white piece makes my heart pitter pat!

Tricia said...

So many pretty things! I love seeing whole house tours :)

Rebecca @ heartland farmhouse said...

another fun home tour. thanks for sharing. what a sweet hubby you have shanon painting & distressing gifts for you.

JoAnne Weisser said...

I love this tour! Shanon's home is so very pretty. It's inspiring to look around at all of the little touches she has. Is that pink on the top of the dining table? Love that!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love her house--thanks for sharing all these great photos!

Elyse said...

holy double sinks, batman! what a beautiful home. lovely flow of color and texture from room to room. sigh!

xo
elyse

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

LOve her beautiful home:)) Thanks for sharing it with us.
~Cheryl

My Vintage Mending said...

What a beautiful vintage take on a modern suburban home...smiles..Renee

Pam said...

I'm loving your house tour series. I'm picking up bits and pieces of decor ideas as we go along.

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Hi, I have just found your blog whilst searching google for cake bunting tutorials. Oh my, you have a gorgeous blog and a beautiful home. This home tour series is fabulous.
Victoria xx

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love this home so much! Where did she get the little wire cloche with the tag? Adorable!

Thanks for sharing, Stacy.

blessings,
karianne

Mrs. Sutton said...

Beautiful! So lovely to get an insight into a pretty house and how someones interiors style evolved. Thank you both for sharing.

Erin said...

Such a romantic house! This series is so fun. :)

lynn said...

such a gorgeous house! tfs!

Heaven's Walk said...

What a beautiful home, Stacey! Shanon truly has a gift of creating pretty vignettes throughout the big, airy rooms! And that arched window in her living room is totally amazing! All of that sunlight spilling in....! :)

xoxo laurie

Tariq Honey said...

I truly enjoy reading on this internet site. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon! This post shows a report that is tighten to common. credible strategy of countenance resulting from which cause your post turn so informative.
vakantiehuis dordogne

Tariq Honey said...

I truly enjoy reading on this internet site. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon! This post shows a report that is tighten to common. credible strategy of countenance resulting from which cause your post turn so informative.
vakantiehuis dordogne

Tariq Honey said...

Thank you very much for the great list and I appreciate your efforts to bring such a huge list for us. I really appreciate posts, which might be of very useful. I am also building new sites all of the time and getting good results by using natural methods. I look forward to future updates. Once again thanks. Keep smiling.
Get More Twitter Followers