Monday, April 23, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #5 - Denise @ Pink Postcard

Welcome to Tour #5 - Denise @ Pink Postcard
Here's a little about Denise and Pink Postcard in her own words...

"When you're here, you will find me sharing my treasures and house projects. I like to sell rehabbed furniture and vintage stuff. I finally found a way to use shopping as a way to make money. I hope you will be inspired to dream big, live well, and try something new."

Denise has a charming and sweetly serene home that you will love!  She is very handy and crafty as well, and has done many cool and clever projects as you will see...

 {Dresser by Denise}


 {She upholstered that cute chair on the right}



 {OMG...LOVE this piano!}



 {This is my favorite room...love everything here in her kitchen dining area!}


Spectacular remodeled kitchen...Hello, magazine editors...give Denise a call!
 




You love?  Yes!  Me too!!

Style Q & A with Denise @ Pink Postcard

 1.  How would you describe the decorating style in your home?  
 Shabby chic, calming colors, comfortable, vintage with some contemporary touches.
  
2.  What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?
Rachel Ashwell, Pottery Barn, character in vintage pieces, furniture that we can take a nap on! Oh my, inspiration is everywhere! Bloggers, magazines, Pinterest, friends!  I always appreciate good decor! ;)
 
 
3.  Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within "your style", or does anything you like find it's way into your house?
 I am finding that it's easy for me to find inexpensive stuff that "works", but when I look at my inspiration files, I'm a little off the mark of what I really want.  I'm trying to really hone in on that lately.  I'm pretty straightforward with my style when I look at what I love- cottage style that has vintage and romance bundled in.  I do love modern, as long as it is inviting and not sterile.  Anything that is livable and stylish is great!

4.  What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?
Goodwill / thrift shops, Pottery Barn, Ikea, Target, World Market, Z Gallerie, flea markets.

5.  What is your next or current decor project in your home?
 Oh I dabble here and there!  If I find a great deal on something I've been looking to "fix" or redo, then that's the next project!  I'm very anxious to have our living room and dining room "done". White linen slipcovers for the dining room chairs are high up on the list, and a loveseat for the living room. I've also got a vintage pendant waiting patiently to be installed in our powder room!

 You are a master at furniture re-do's, Denise, thank you so very much for sharing your pretty home and so much inspiration here today!!  For more Pink Postcard goodness visit the blog {HERE}.

XO,
Stacey

Find more Blogger's Home Tours {Here}

16 comments:

michele said...

hers is a great blog, and her home is absolutely charming!

thanks for sharing, denise and stacey!

smiles.

michele

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Thanks for the lovely home tour, it was gorgeous!!

Allyson Butler said...

What a lovely home - thanks for sharing!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

A Ruffled Nest said...

Cute house- Stacy I love your home tours! They are so much fun to look at.

Sherrie

Rebecca said...

Pretty pics and a great interview hon! Becks xxx

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

denise's home is so soft and pretty! i want to steal that tufted blue bench. ;) and i love love her son's room! so cool!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Loved seeing Denise's home! She is so talented, I still think of her kitchen redo when I look at my own cabinets. The chair she redid in the living room is my FAV! Denise is the sweetest!
Thanks for sharing, Stacey!

~Shanon

traci said...

beautiful denise. i love, love, love all the color. and the maps behind the shelves in the boys room. awesome idea. thanks for sharing!!

My Vintage Mending said...

I love the paper pinned to the wall. It looks amazing. Such talent. Smiles...Renee

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

Thank you for featuring Denise's home! What a wonderful inspiration. I love that piano and the sign in the kitchen!

Well done :)

blessings,
karianne

Jann Olson said...

Beautiful home. I love the soft palette of colors.
Hugs,
Jann

HelenDushko said...

how adorable are these interiors and DIY crafts. I always admired with such creations;)
Thanx dear for inspiration feed

Love,
Helen

http://helendushko.blogspot.com/

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Thanks for sharing...love being inspired by how others decorate with vintage.
Kari

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

thanks so much for all of your comments! It really made my day reading all of these!
I also wanted to clarify that the rope shelves and maps are from our home office. :) We are a one child family, and she is definitely a girl!
thanks again Stacey, for featuring our home!

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully warm and welcoming home!! Denise has a way of mixing textures and colors and styles that are just beautiful! :)

xoxo laurie

Art and Sand said...

The house is all lovely. It is funny what catches our eye- I LOVE the vintage tablecloth.