Friday, April 13, 2012

Camps and Cottages

Well, another week has flown by and I have accomplished only 1/2 of what I wanted to around the house.  I did not finish the vintage inspired painted sign I am working on, nor did I start finish styling and taking pictures of my evolved living room to share.  I did get to TWO estate sales where I scored some awesome finds to keep and sell though!  

I also spent much time this week referring back to, and getting inspiration from a book I have had for 11 years...


Anyone else have this book too?

Camps and Cottages is full of, you guessed it, camp and cottage style...

 {Love that coffee table!}

I am more into the cottage style, but like some of the camp elements in the book too.


Lots of color here (which I love), although I have not been daring enough to go this bright in my home, I am moving in that direction.  You'll see when I get pictures of the living and dining room posted soon.


I have been inspired by red, white, and blue bedrooms lately.  I am working on the guest room, which is being done in red, white, and neutral tones.  Our "master" (and I use that term loosely) bedroom will be done in bright reds, blues, whites, greens, and a bits of pink.

 {How gorgeous are these vintage beds!?!}

I find all the wood to be too much for me in this kitchen pic, but I am inspired (can I use that word anymore in this post?) by the vintage elements in the room, such as the signs and cute collander light fixture.  In fact, this book is what jump started me on painting some vintage signs recently!


Here is the sign (the "roses") I love the most in the book and am recreating in my own way...

{Such a cute bedroom}

Mine will never be nearly as awesome as that one though!

Back to color... we are having our entrance hall, stairway hall, and upstairs hallway painted this weekend in "Frosted Yellow", by Behr...does that excite you?  It excites me!  Mostly because I'm not doing the painting for once!  We are having it professionally done because of the stairway, the walls go pretty high up and we don't have ladders for that.   I kinda never thought I would be painting walls yellow, but it's gonna work...it better!

So, next week I should have some living/dining room shots to share, with the newly painted hallways and the vintage sign I've been working on.  However...don't hold your breath on that...hahaha!

Before then though, on Monday 4/16, be sure to check out another Blogger's Home Tour:


Wait 'til you see her gorgeous home!!!

You can check out the previous three other tours in the series {HERE}.

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you do!

XO,
Stacey

11 comments:

Prior said...

Eleven years and still so current, because classics are timeless. I will be anxious to see what you do.
Lezlee

miss flibbertigibbet said...

That is a great book. I can look at almost any type of decorating (except maybe REAL minimalist) and find SOMETHING! Those pics look so inviting and cozy!
Blessings, Lorraine

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I've had that book for many years and have been inspired by it, too. I've been wanting to paint the "Cove" sign for my daughter's screen porch where they eat during the summer months. It's just a matter of finding the time, as you well know. I'm anxious to see your reveal!

Cozy Little House said...

I have always loved yellow walls. And I guess I'll always love the combination of red, white and blue. And it has nothing to do with being American! Can't wait to see what you do next.
Brenda

My Vintage Mending said...

Now that you mention it I am more cottage than camp myself. However, I think my husband is more camp...I wonder if we meet in the middle? I cannot wait to see how your sign comes out. That is one I would love to recreate as well...smiles....Renee

thistlewoodfarm said...

I have never seen this book, but I love it. That is exactly the style I am going for upstairs. I need to see if they have a copy on Amazon :)

blessings,
karianne

Gayle said...

This is one book I don't have and I don't know how I missed it because the pictures are beautiful. I also refer back to my old books often for inspiration.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That book is definitely loaded with inspiration. Can't wait to see all your new yellow paint!
Blessings,
Susie

Kelle said...

I have this book also and just love it!

Jann Olson said...

Can't wait to see your yellow paint when finished. I usually do all of my own painting, but when I wanted a wall in my family room painted I too hired it out. When it comes to 20 ft. or higher I am a scaredy cat. This books has some great inspiration ideas. I love the pic on the cover.
Hugs,
Jann

naveljelly studios said...

I have this book as well - I absolutely love it and still refer to it for inspiration. can't wait to see your living room pics! :)