Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #6 - Michelle @ Emerald Cove


Our Blogger's Home Tour today is,  Michelle from Emerald Cove


Here's a little about Michelle and her blog in her own words...

"I am a busy mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend who puts all my love into those things that are close to me.  This is a blog about finding the simple things out of the everyday chaos and joy that comes with them!"

Ready to get swept away with some Beachy, Coastal Chic style?   Of course you are...




Love her desk nook and the kitchen is just perfection...
do you spy the awesome hanging vintage scale?

 {I would be ecstatic if my laundry room looked like this!  
Mine, unfortunately looks like a dungeon.}


Lovely beachy touches artfully arranged here and there, and that turquoise bed is just the best!!


 {As I recall, Michelle cut that shark over the bed out of wood herself.}


Such a calming and pretty bedroom...and she made up the coolest word for her faux mantel...
"FRANTEL" !!  I love it...the word and the mantel!


Ahhhh, now don't you just feel all relaxed after that tour?  So Pretty!


Style Q & A with Michelle

 1.  How would you describe the decorating style in your home?  

My decorating style is very casual and laid back.  I LOVE everything beachy/coastal. I have spent the last couple years transforming our home into a cottage.  We live about two miles from Lake Michigan and even though our home is not on the water, it reflects the life as if it were.  Maybe one day I can get that house on the lake. :)

2.  What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?

Most of my inspiration comes from the sea and growing up on the shores of Lake Michigan and spending summers at our cottage.  I love natural elements and use them throughout the house.  My favorite is driftwood, which I collect from places that I love right here in Michigan.   I love being surrounded by things that can bring me to a place of happiness or memories that take me back to a certain place and time.   I also have a lot of  photos of family and friends. Being surrounded by the ones I love makes my house feel more like a home.
 
 
3.  Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within "your style", or does anything you like find it's way into your house?

I do! In fact I spent one winter changing my style only to spend that Spring changing it back. :) I loved it but it just never felt like "me" or "home".  So now I see different styles that I like and try to incorporate them in if they work.  I really love the farmhouse look as well as vintage decor.  They both fit into my coastal style with worn textures, natural elements and neutral colors.  I like to have vintage items here and there, I love finding pieces and trying to read the story behind them, having items with a past life seems to bring a sort of "new" life to my home.

4.  What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

The beach!  I collect shells, driftwood, sand, and photos of places I have been.  If I can't find it there I love TJ Maxx (they have great coastal items for less), flea markets, and antique shops.  My budget is pretty limited so I just try to find the best bargain.
{oh I hear you, Michelle!!}

5.  What is your next or current decor project in your home?

I just finished our entry/laundry room and I have my sights set on our stairs that go up to my studio.   I ripped up all the carpet in the studio and the stairs still remain carpeted, so I am hoping to rip that up and paint the stairs, maybe add a runner as well as new paint and beach accessories. :)

****************************************

Isn't Michelle just the sweetest?!  She is also a very talented artist and painted this...

 {Can you say, wow!!??}

Be sure to head over to her blog, Emerald Cove for more Beachy goodness! 
Thank you, Michelle for sharing your lovely home with us today!!

XO,
Stacey

25 comments:

Vicki Shead said...

Pretty house! I'll have to go visit and find out where in Michigan she lives. I love connecting with regional bloggers. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

The house is gorgeous! So calming and the coastal / beachy additions are lovely.

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a beautiful home! I love that driftwood art on the wall. You always feature the prettiest homes, Stacey! I am off to tell her hello!

blessings,
karianne

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Michelle is so talented and such a sweet girl. I love seeing all of her creative DIY projects and artwork. She is truly an inspiration! I'm so glad you featured her, Stacey! :)

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Oh wow what a beautiful home! So elegant and tranquil I love it!
Victoria xx

Sue@House Pretty said...

We are each others followers, and have emailed back and forth several times. She is SO genuine!!! And, we both have a love of driftwood, lol!

Tanya said...

found you through Michelle at Emerald Cove! Loving your blog =) I'm your newest follower!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

michelle's home is so beautiful! her son's shark room is my favorite.

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful...understated..calm retreat. Smiles...Renee

michele said...

i'm totally a michelle fan and admirer of her fab frantel and the dreamy way she puts together objects and vignettes.

a limited budget forces us all to think more abstractly--always a lovely idea!

love to you both.

michele

Desire Empire said...

A gorgeous home and a beautiful lady.
Carolyn

Rebecca said...

Oh such pretty photos! They make me want to run away and escape to that gorgeous beachy white house 'sigh'. Becks x

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Michelle is one of my fave blogging buddies! Such a sweet lady. I enjoyed the tour so much! Her home is so beautiful! Magazine worthy for sure!

michelle said...

Thank you so much Stacey for including me in your house tours, I had so much fun and thank you everyone for you sweet comments!
Hugs!
xoxoxo

Calypso In The Country said...

I never get tired of looking at her house - it's so peaceful!
-Shelley

traci said...

gorgeous. so peaceful looking. makes me want a beach house even more. thanks for sharing.

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Absolutely beach pretty!
Kari

Amy Kinser said...

Michelle's home is beautiful and she is wonderfully sweet. I always love my visits with her. Thanks for sharing her home with us...

Erin said...

Michelle's house is so serene. It's amazing what she's done on a tight budget!

Kate W. said...

So lovely, yet homey and inviting.

AshTreeCottage said...

What a lovely fresh home. I can almost smell the sea air!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

busanalayali said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!
toko busana muslim

Jann Olson said...

Your Home tours are always amazing. I NEED more white!
Hugs,
Jann

Heaven's Walk said...

Michelle has the best taste when it comes to coastal decor. She's such a natural at it. Her vignettes just seem to fall together to create a sense of summery sereneness. Love that girl to bits! :) (And we're both looking forward to hitting our first Flea of the season this Sunday together!)

xoxo laurie

Ronald John Neal said...

Brilliant interior design, You may add also some fragrant indoor plants.

sonoma private wine tours