Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #7 - Karianne @ Thistlewood Farm

Today, we have Karianne from Thistlewood Farm sharing her jaw dropping gorgeous home with us!

I loved Karianne's blog from the start, her posts are absolutely hilarious...she is an amazing writer!

Karianne comes up with lovely creative projects that she shares on her blog, and the decor in her home rivals anything you might see in Better Homes and Gardens!!

Here is the knock your socks off, Thistlewood Farm...

 {Hello, beautiful!}

 {Front Entry}

 {Living Room}

 {Dreamy kitchen, complete with butler's pantry!}


 {Dining Room - above and below photos}



{Library - above and below photos}


 {The most darling bathroom...the tub!}


{Master Bedroom - above and below photos}



{Upstairs Play Room - above and below photos... love the vintage pennants and leather chairs... sigh.}

 {Girls' Bedroom... sweet as candy!}


Thistlewood Farm even has it's own separate Art House...so adorable!


 Is your jaw on the floor yet?!
Karianne's home is amazing!

Now, get ready for some funny...

Q&A With Karianne

1.  How would you describe the decorating style in your home? 
Hmmmm.....my decorating style. 
What do you call it when you take 2 cups of yard sale, 1 cup of thrift store, 2 TBs of burlap and chalkboard and stir them all together? 
That's what I got cooking :)
2.  What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?
I adore the Pottery Barn catalog. 
I love it. 
If I could, I would marry it and take it out for a fancy dinner.  They are so on point with the current trends.  And the inspiration is endless.


3.  Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within "your style", or does anything you like find it's way into your house?
I am really into bright colored walls with graphic deer antlers.  I can't help myself.  I see bright orange walls with navy blue and I melt.  I think this trend is the future for me, but right now I am enjoying the peace and tranquility of my neutrals.
*{orange and navy blue, Karianne, I would have never thought...you are full of surprises!}

4.  What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?
I love thrift stores and yard sales and anything that starts with outlet.  For online shopping, The Home Decorator's Collection is my go-to source for seagrass rugs and indoor/outdoor runners.

5.  What is your next or current decor project in your home?
I just saw some barn doors that were calling my name.  I have to take them off the barn walls first, though.  Then I want to paint a giant longhorn head on them and hang them on the walls.

 *{AWESOME!!}

Thank you, Karianne for sharing your most beautiful home today!  For more Thistlewood Farm lovely check out Karianne's blog {HERE}.

For more Blogger's Home Tours go {HERE}.

21 comments:

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

so so pretty!The bathroom could be my favorite one ever!! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week
~Cheryl

Allyson Butler said...

I love this house - so much!

Fox Hollow Cottage said...

Karianne definitely has a most gorgeous home =) Every room is a treat!!

Vintage Market Place said...

how dreamy,
I would die to have a fireplace in my bedroom...sigh
Amy

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Oh wow! What a Stunning home!
Victoria xx

michele said...

charm, charm, charmed!

what a gorgeous home and personality to go along with it.

um. do i see prayer chairs? am i noticing the little storage thing on the back that mine don't have? brilliant!

smiles to you both!

p.s.
i know you're going to forgive me for not making the trip out to nada farm (again). i was garage saling and already sold some stuff from that fruitful day!

michele

Budget Design Girl said...

Love Kariann's home and blog! Fantastic feature, and great Q and A!!!

xo-Lisa

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Elyse said...

oh, man! what beautiful style! i love the "brush" and "floss" signs! another fabulous and inspiring peek!

(no updates yet ...)

xo
elyse

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

her home is STUNNING!!!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

Whew! I am so sorry that I am late to the party. Today was graduation :) You are such a rock star and I absolutely think you are wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for featuring the farm.

Have a blessed and wonderful day my incredibly talented friend!

blessings,
karianne

AshTreeCottage said...

Totally charming!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Bronwyn said...

Wow! What a spot! She has so much style and so much space!! And yet it is such a cozy and lived-in home. What a great place to raise her kids!

Erin said...

Karianne, your farmhouse is simply gorgeous! So sophisticated and comfortable at the same time. Really loving this series, Stacey! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, my jaw dropped on the very first photo. I could move in tomorrow and never leave the house again!

My Vintage Mending said...

I want to move in. This has such a beautiful style. Sweet, warm, and family friendly. Thank you for sharing...smiles...Renee

Susan said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! She is a total hoot! :)

Eclectically Vintage said...

Kari's home is fabulous! Can't imagine her orange and blue phase but I am sure she can make it amazing (just like Picasso's blue period)!

Love her barn door idea - can't wait to see it!

Great feature Stacey!
Kelly

Jann Olson said...

Oh My! Love it all. So beautiful and uncluttered.
Hugs,
Jann

Laurel said...

Wow, what a beautiful house. The kitchen is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing!

Laurel @ SoPo Cottage

Art and Sand said...

Love it all, but I WANT the Art House.