Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cottage Gardens Coming Soon!

I've been a pretty busy bee lately...

1.  Collecting vintage and finishing handmade projects for the Na-Da Farm Barn Sale


I will be sharing a space inside the barn with these talented blog friends:


Can't wait to have so much fun with these ladies at the sale...there will be lots of giggles for sure! 
If you live in IL, you should most definitely make the trip out to beautiful Na-Da Farm, you will not be dissapointed!  Check out all the details at Na-Da Farm Events.

2.  Preparing for the arrival of new cottage gardens at the Sort Of Fairytale House!


These two photos most closely resemble what's to come

{ via Pinterest}

I am so excited!  I've been dreaming of this since we moved in!!  We are starting with the back this Friday and the the front will be done in June.  I enlisted the help of a Landscape Designer who specializes in cottage gardens, because really it's all just too overwhelming to me and I'm not very knowledgeable about plants.  I'm gonna learn though, as I am helping with some of the installation.

We are also putting a raised bed fruit and veggie garden in the back...

{via Pinterest}

I have big plans for veggies and fruit in ours!  I know for sure there will be two blueberry bushes that are arriving on Friday for it...yahoo!!!

I'll definitely be sharing pictures when it's all installed.  Speaking of sharing...

I am over at the sweet Adventures Of Our Fami-Ly
Adventures of Our Fam-Ly

with a guest post tutorial on creating a pendant light fixture from a $4 IKEA cord and a lampshade...come check it out!


Cheap and Easy.  The fixture...not me ;)

XO,
Stacey

18 comments:

Everlasting Blooms said...

OH how I wish we could come down to the Na-Da farm barn sale! Sounds like such fun! I hope you are very successful! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Candy said...

Oh, I so wish I were close enough to come to the NaDa Show. Sounds like so much fun.
Im now following you and hope you'll come visit me and maybe follow back @ PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS.

traci said...

Na-Da is going to be great. cottage gardens. how exciting. i can't wait to see pictures of it.

Cozy Little House said...

You will love your cottage garden, Stacey!
Brenda

Susan said...

Can't wait to hear all about the garden progress! See ya on Thursday! :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Right up my alley...I miss days as a landscape designer badly. So nice to see I can enjoy it here on your blog...congrats to you on all your success. Smiles...Renee

Urban Farmgirl said...

Ummm...seriously...can you believe Nada is LITERALLY right around the corner. Omg! I have been tagging things like a mad woman since I woke up with a 'show hangover' Monday morning. This process is going to take me a little longer than I thought! Lol!

It is going to be awesome, I hope to give a little sneak peek of what I am bringing on my blog, but I always seem to have the best of intentions!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the garden inspiration! Can't wait to see them in person {wink...wink...}

Mary

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your sale sounds like so much fun! My friends and I used to do a once a year sale and those days were the best ever!

You are very wise to hire landscapers. I've made so many mistakes planting the wrong trees, shrubs and flowers, that in the long run, hiring a pro would have saved me money. Plus I'd have the yard of my dreams by now.

Tricia said...

Your garden is going to be so pretty! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. My own garden could use some sprucing up so maybe yours will give me a little inspiration. By the way, I'm laughing about about your cheap and easy comment :)

{northern cottage} said...

yay for this whole post stacey - it all looks BEAUTIFUL & I'm heading over to check out that gorgeous light fixture as soon as I'm done drooling over your post here! Best wishes for your upcoming sale - oh how I wish I were closer so I could join you gals! xo

www.NorthernCottage.net

Claudia said...

As a fellow cottage gardener, I say, yippee! You'll have such fun.

xo
Claudia

Sue said...

I love a cottage garden! It looks so natural and unassuming, but I know it should be well-planned in order to look like it "just happened." I am NOT a gardener and would need all the help I could get. LOL While I don't have a black thumb- mine is kinda brown! Good luck w/your garden planning and planting. ~ Sue

Laurel said...

I'm a cottage gardener wanna-be.....unfortunately they don't look as nice as I'd like. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!! The photos are certainly inspiring.

Laurel at SoPo Cottage

michele said...

how much fun are you gonna have? will you recognize me if i show up? i will bring you some goodies if i venture over...

off to check out your guesting thing.

smiles to you.

michele

thistlewoodfarm said...

I saw your lamp tutorial over at the other Stacy's awesome job. I wish I lived a little closer for the sale. It sounds absolutely wonderful. I need "The Barn Sale....the virtual edition" :)

blessings,
karianne

AshTreeCottage said...

I am sooo excited about your cottage garden. I love them so. Can't wait to see yours. Love that lampshade too. I'll check out your tutorial. Have a great weekend my very creative friend!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Erin said...

How did the planting go today, Stacey?!? Those inspiration photos are just gorgeous--can't wait to see how it all turns out!

And how I wish I lived closer to make it to the Na-Da Barn Sale. Will you share any sneak peeks of the items you're taking? Hope so. :)

Have a lovely weekend,
Erin

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So excited about the Na Da Farm event. Have never been before but am dragging hubby with me on Friday! I even took the afternoon off work so we could get there right at the open. Should we come a little early? Is there a line? Do the vendors take plastic or just cash? :) Sorry for all the questions. I'm looking forward to meeting several bloggers that I follow. Love your plans for the cottage garden. I've been working on mine for years and it's still not enough. LOL.