Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A {Sort Of} Fairytale Veggie and Fruit Garden

Last week I had a Landscape Designer help me install cottage gardens and a fruit and vegetable garden with a raised bed.  She did most of the work on the raised bed and surrounding fruit garden, as I was on Mommy duty, but on Saturday I was able to help with the installation of the cottage gardens.  Today, I'm sharing the fruit and raised bed veggie garden with you...

 {I added the vintage picket fence piece as a sort of trellis}

 {The yard before garden, this was taken with my iPhone...don't know why the grass looks so crazy green!}

{During the installation process...the two shrubs to the left of raised bed are blueberries!}

The raised bed is made from cedar, as I was told that will last the longest.

{My first ever photo capturing a "sun flare"!}

I planted both veggies and herbs in the raised bed, one of which is cucumber, and I know having planted that before, it gets huge and very vine-y, so I have left what I hope to be enough room for it, which is why the garden may look a little sparse.  Also, I have no idea what I am doing...Hahahaha!
Just going to give it the old trial and error approach...feel free to provide any tips/advice in the comments section.
 
 
I also planted strawberries outside of the bed.  Everything has it's original plant tag next to it, so I remember what's what, but I am going to make and/or buy some cute markers.

{The blueberry bushes complimented by some soon to be flowering plants...can't remember what they are though right now!}


Now, let's just hope everything grows and grows!

Only 2 more days until the Na-Da Farm Barn Sale!!  I'm hoping to post a preview of what I'm bringing to sell...that is, if I can hopefully find the time!  If you are local you really should make the trip out to the farm, you will be so happy you did...there will be tons of vintage, handmade, and yummy baked goods for sale!


Lastly, I hope all you Mom's had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Nothing brings me more joy when this little one gives me hugs and kisses...

{Photo taken on Easter Sunday}

"Motherhood is the hardest job you will ever love" - Unknown

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  Will share the new cottage gardens when they get bloomin' a bit more!

10 comments:

Anna said...

This all looks so great! I can't wait to have a garden in my own home! I hated it when my parents had a garden but now I long for one!
-Anna
asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

michele said...

the garden is cute cute cute, but not as cute as that sweetiepie.

so excited for you to sell at nada farm!

michele

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You are going to have so much harvesting your first crop of veggies and fruit! I really wish I could go the the sale...maybe someday in the future. Best of luck!

Your daughter is adorable. :@

Susan said...

Is it too early to place my order for some nice red, plump tomatoes? :)

Jackie@ Saltbox House 5 said...

I love it! I think it will do good, you have lots of space designated for all of your plants to grow! I wish I had that space!! So pretty! I love it :)

Nic said...

It looks great and I love the addition of the fence. Cucumbers are easiest to pick when they climb. So good job!

Are there any other dates scheduled for the Na Da sales? We live near St. Louis but are visiting family in July right around the corner from the sale. Just curious!

Good luck this weekend!

Nic

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

It looks amazing! I love the little fence and your garden is wonderful!

I need one of these :)

blessings,
karianne

Ruby and Arthur said...

Looks like you are off to a great start on your garden. Looking forward to more pics when everything is growing! Jean

Eclectically Vintage said...

I've been wanting a raised bed for awhile - need to get cracking! But I, like you, have no clue what I''m doing. Guess I've got to take the plunge and go for it! Love that little fence in your bed!!
Kelly

Erin said...

Yes, yes, yes to what Michele said! Your little girl is beyond adorable. And your raised bed looks great! It's such a miracle to me when I'm able to grow anything in the garden.