Friday, June 15, 2012

Blogger's Home Tours #10 - Elyse @ Tinkered Treasures

Today's tour is the home of one of my favorite bloggers and friend whom I have never met,
Elyse from Tinkered Treasures!

Elyse's name may look familiar to you...I am most certain you have read one of her fabulous articles in Romantic Homes and/or Cottages & Bungalows magazines, as she is a contributor to both.  
Her writing is so fun and fresh, whether writing about a charming home or sharing the steps to an adorable craft she came up with.

Elyse's home is as cheerful and lovely as she herself is!  Shall we have a look-see?

The Living Room

I just love these pale blue slip covered sofas!


The armoire was painted by Elyse and if you look closely there is a 
subtle blue stripe running down the doors...

Beachy colors in her house are inspired by beach glass...

How cute is the kitchen?!  
She often switches out the oilcloth on the table and I love to see what she picks out to put on it each time.  We have a mutual love of the same colors and for Cath Kidston.

If Elyse's kitchen and other rooms look familiar, 
you may have seen her home in the magazine Fresh Cottage, as shown here...


Check out the sweet, dainty crystals hanging...

Cath flatware!

The perfect red and white, English Country style bedroom...

On the radiator, waiting to be hung, is a sign I made for Elyse...
 {Love, love, love the tie up shades!!!}

Elyse recently added some darling hoop art to her walls...

A "GASP!" ruffled shower curtain...

Her boys' room...love all the blue and green she uses here...

Moving on to her office, appropriately dubbed "The Girlie Office"!!!
This is where the tinkering of crafts takes place, as well as the writing of Elyse's upcoming book, featuring tutorials of her creations.  Cannot wait for that book to come out!


Oodles of supplies and inspiring books and magazines...


New bunting inspired by Country Living UK magazine...read all about it HERE.
 Don't you just love it all?!?

Read on for more about Elyse and her style...

Style Q & A


How would you describe the decorating style in your home?

Overall, I would say “Cottage” because the common thread throughout my home is painted wood finishes, floral patterns and repurposed items. However, I am drawn to many styles and can even be a bit fickle. For example, my dining room is a bit beachy and has some of the elements of French/Nordic; the dining room-kitchen is very Cath Kidston-influenced; the “Girlie Office” leans toward Shabby Chic; and my bedroom is sort of English Country. Phew! Because I am the only female in a house of four, I try to keep things from being overly feminine in the main areas with a sea glass palette of blues and greens and the occasional bold graphic.

What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?

I love the idea of beach house living where things are unfussy and utilitarian and so that is always in the back of my mind especially since my house is a small Cape so furnishings need to be useful. I also follow my GASP! If I’m looking at a magazine, visiting a blog or shopping and see something or an idea that makes me literally gasp, then I’m inspired and motivated and will try to find a way to work the piece or idea into my décor. Right now I am obsessed with picnic tables and ladders used indoors – I even have Pinterest boards devoted to them … and bistro chairs!

Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within"your style", or does anything you like find its way into your house?

I am drawn to so many styles and really admire people who have a singular vision throughout their home. My head is so easily turned and I want a bit of everything I like and just sort of cross my fingers when I bring something home that it will work with everything else. I used to be a real clean-lined semi-mod kind of gal but like many, my eyes were opened to a myriad of styles through blogging and magazines. Once I bought my first shabby-style item (a vase from SoShabbyPink.com) the genie was let out of the bottle!

What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

I’m all over the place for shopping, literally! I love finding charming brick-and-mortal shops with lots of mojo (GASP-inducing displays); I enjoy a good stroll through HomeGoods, Anthropologie, Ikea, and Target when new items come out. I like online shops at Etsy and occasional splurges from Cath Kidston or Pottery Barn.

What is your next or current decor project in your home?

I’m currently at-work on a book of 35 craft projects (out February 2013) and that has been devouring any time for large projects but that hasn’t stopped me from keeping a growing list of what I’d like to do. This list includes everything from painting the front door, shutters, entry and stairway, to ripping up the carpeting on our stairs – hoping it’s decent underneath – then painting them with stripes. I could go on and on!

Thank you for sharing you home and your words here, Elyse!  
You really are an inspiration when it comes to following your dreams {i.e. your dream to have a book}, and have taught me to "Wish Out Loud" for my dreams as well...Thanks, my sweet friend!

XO,
Stacey 

21 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I've long admired her home. Thanks for reminding me!!

Debby said...

I love it all. I couldn't find anything I didn't like. Thanks for sharing.

Shasta Farrar said...

What delicious vintage cottage loveliness! I love everything...

TammysVintage Finds said...

Wow! There is only one word to describe her home and that is GORGEOUS!

Elyse said...

hello my sweet stacey!

thank you for asking me to join in on this series. it was a real motivator to try new things (the embroidery hoops) and take some new pics.

you inspire me as well. i am admire all you are able to accomplish with a little pal running around!

hopefully the hubs will help hang my roses sign over the weekend. if i were to do it, it would be rushed and hung with thumbtacks and painter's tape!

thank you again! so happy to know you.

xo
elyse

Scrap for Joy said...

Elyse is a true testimony to making a beautiful home with not a lot of $$ but a lot of ingenuity and love! I loved seeing all the pictures of her sweet home in one place!
Joyce

Karen Harvey Cox said...

I love Elyse, and her home is so charming. Your post really showcases all the beautiful details that go into creating such a cozy space. Her home just spells HAPPY!

Karen

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

what a fun home! love the shed and LOVE the shower curtain!

michele said...

so charming and happy!

michele

Roberta said...

Elyse is a sweetheart with a happy (sigh) and adorable (swoon) style that can't be beat (gasp)! Good luck with the book Elyse:) xo

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Wow~~ What lovely home!!! I will have to check out her blog.
Thanks for sharing with us
~Cheryl

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hurray for Elyse! We just love her and her style! ♥

thistlewoodfarm said...

I am so glad you introduced us! I really love her style (and that sign you made is amazing)!

Have a wonderful day!
blessings,
karianne

Erin said...

I always love seeing photos of Elyse's darling home! Like your house, it's just such a happy-looking place full of wonderful detail. :)

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love her beautiful home! So bright and soft muted colors. Gorgeous!

~Shanon

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Thanks for posting this home tour! I'm a follower of Elys's blog, so I've seen bits and pieces of her house, but it was fun to see it all in one post. Both of you have such light, airy homes with punches of fun colors. Always a joy to visit!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Cute, cute home! Thanks for giving us the tour. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Elyse's home is lovely and the colours are so fresh and colourful. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ellen said...

Elyse is such a sweetie and it shows through in the way she has made her lovely house a home for her family! She is so amazing - I can't wait for her book to come out!

I think this is my first time visiting your lovely blog- came over via Elyse's blog and am so glad I did! I will be back!

bee blessed
mary

NanaDiana said...

Hi Stacey! I have followed Elyse for a long time and now, because of her, I found you. I am your newest follower. Anyone with a red-headed baby girl is my kinda gal! xo Diana

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

oh yes, i ADORE elyse! she has been a blog buddy of mine for years and i love her sense of style AND her sweet sense of humor.

thanks for sharing our sweeeeeet friend!!!

xo
becky