Thursday, June 28, 2012

Petal to the Metal Pt. 2


If you've read my blog for awhile, you know I'm a big fan of vintage toleware.
I last wrote about it {HERE}

Well, nothing has changed on that front!

I went to the Elkhorn Flea Market in Elkhorn, Wisconsin on Sunday and came home with more than a few treasures including a pair of AH-mazing vintage daisy tole lamps...

 {a serendipitous match to the vintage daisy curtains}

I was breezing past a booth {it was terribly hot that day, so I was trying to be fast about shopping} and these lamps caught my eye instantly.  They're in wonderful shape and were already rewired!  They were marked $85 for the pair, but I ended up getting both for $65.  I think that's a pretty a good deal, as I usually see vintage tole lamps priced well above $65 for just one lamp, not rewired.
I actually saw another pair of lamps at the flea that were vintage tole strawberry ones, just adorable, but marked at $235 for the pair...Yowza!


I had been looking for lamps for my bedroom for awhile, and couldn't believe my luck at finding this pair!  I put one on each bedside table in the room.

Speaking of my bedroom...
it's a work in progress, so I don't want to show too much of it just yet, but I will give you a little peek-a-boo at my bedding.  I made the Euro Sham covers from a Ralph Lauren floral print I fell in love with on clearance at Jo-Anne Fabrics.  The sheets are also Ralph Lauren, bought discounted at Marshall's.  The duvet is a blue and white gingham print, but you are seeing the reverse side folded back, which is a solid blue.  The duvet is from Pottery Barn Kids of all places!  I wanted blue and white gingham and this one came in queen size, so it was a done deal.


Hopefully, I'll be able to share more of the room soon...it's almost "done".

Here are some iPhone pics of Elkhorn Flea Market...

 {I thought this was a pretty clever and cute bench}

 {This furniture caught my eye in colors I love}

What I noticed at Elkorn (I have been before, but not in a few years}, is that the majority of the vendors just lay out their merchandise, no fancy displays or shop-like settings like you see more and more of at markets.  I love a good display, so I kind of was disappointed in the visual aspect of the show, but hey, I've got no problem shopping great stuff just laid out before me either!


I couldn't be happier with my happy daisy lamps and am so glad I went to the flea that day!

Enjoy the weekend,
XO,
Stacey

Sharing Here:

Jennifer Rizzo

20 comments:

birdie blue said...

love the new daisy lamps, stacey. so perfectly you.

xo
molly

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Cute lamps and they match your curtains perfectly. What a great find at a great price!

Gayle said...

I also love vintage tole...great find!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Those are great lamps...they could be in the Brady Bunch house! So vintage!
Blessings, Lorraine

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh so cute and so fun that they match your curtains! Thanks to you, I'm in love with tole, too! (even though I don't know if I've never seen it in person!)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Those adorable lamps were meant for you! I can hardly wait for the reveal of your room! I love all your choices of bed linens. Fabulous colors!

chateau chic said...

Your daisy lamps are so, so sweet! And perfect for your room. What a great find!
Mary Alice

My Vintage Mending said...

Those are amazing. Great buy. I have noticed that as well. How they just lay it out. Kind of confuses my eye a little. Can't wait to see your room. Smiles...Renee

Maureen Hayes said...

I am kinda jealous because I LOVE daisies and these lamps are so darn cute!! I am happy you found them though because you obviously love them too and you got a great deal on them. Enjoy!

Gail Thayer said...

I love daisies too! They're such a happy little flower and those lamps are fantastic! Great score....

michele said...

unbelievable finds, stacey! if i was not in such a state of purging and not buying, i would be hitting that market too! (i know, boring that i'm not in shopping mode but i can't tell you what it is doing for the mental health to be selling selling selling and donating what has been sitting in the basement for 5 years!).

best to you and mags.

michele

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Love your new lamps, they are just darling and the pillows look great with the lamp:) Great find!!

Beverly said...

Love, love, love your lamps.♥♥♥ What an great find and great deal. They look perfect.

Andrea said...

The new lamps are awesome! They remind me of my room when I was a little girl. That flea market looks like my kind of place.

Robin said...

Your new lamp is so pretty! I love how bright and cheerful it is. Aren't flea markets the best thing ever!

Erin said...

What gorgeous and vibrant colors on those lamps, Stacey! Looking forward to seeing the master bedroom reveal...I can tell it will be a smile-inducing space! :)

Cozy Little House said...

Love the daisy lamps and bedding! All so colorful and cheerful. Can't wait to see the rest of the room.
Brenda

Eclectically Vintage said...

Those tole lamps are amazing!! I can't believe the perfect match to your curtains! And Pottery Barn Kids duvet - how fun! Can't wait to see your bedroom (although mine needs major tweaking before I can share)! The flea looks amazing too - I need to get to one asap!
Kelly

srpprcrftr said...

LOve your bedroom linens, the patterns and colors are so gorgeous, old fashioned kinda. That flower pattern really got me.
You're so lucky to have markets like that to go to.
I live on the western slope in CO, west of Grand Junction, CO and it drives me crazy there are no flea markets or antique shows here at all. If they have them in Denver I don't know about it and can't afford the trip there anyway. Most annoying tho not to have any of the above here. The antique stores are rarely open then so outrageoulsly expensive it's out of my league.
We lived in KY where they had all kinds of second hand places where I found so many awesome items. I really enjoy your blog.

srpprcrftr said...

Ilove those daisy lamps, you really did get a great deal. Love love things like that, so different and special for a room. They go with your curtains perfectly.