Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blogger's Home Tour # 14 - Cassie @ Primitve & Proper

Hello, Friends!

Today's Blogger Home Tour is Cassie from Primitive & Proper
I adore Cassie and her style!  She is as sweet as can be as super funny too.  I love that her home is a complete reflection of her and her family and that it's so unique as well.  Cassie is so great at mixing styles {vintage, modern, whimsical} and getting them all to work seamlessly together. 
Here she is...Drumroll....

Hello Fairytalers!  I am Cassie from Primitive and Proper and I am so excited to be here today on Stacey's beautiful blog sharing some glimpses into my home.  I share my home with my husband, our two kids (Sawyer and Emerson) and our two dogs (Charlie and Jake).  We moved into our home in October of 2011.  It certainly needed (and still needs!) much updating, but we have enjoyed making it our home.  It's a Cape Cod which I had always dreamed of owning- they are just so charming!

Even though we have not yet lived here a year, I have been able to work on several rooms.  We were so excited to have a fireplace in this home, so the living room is easily a favorite place to hang out.

      The dining room is one of my personal favorite spaces....
   I love, love, love this space!  
A perfect example of how Cassie combines styles and colors so well!


We hoped family and friends would visit us (which they have!) so having a guest room and   guest bath were important right away....
I always love her painted furniture!


And I wanted my kids to each have their very own sanctuaries.  Sawyer is a huge Star Wars fan, which I reflected in his room.

And with Emmy's room we went in a woodland fairytale sort of direction- whimsical, girly, and fun!
How cute are her kids' rooms!?  Especially these closet doors...
Those are all the rooms that are pretty much done (for now!), but I currently have two rooms in the works....
The kids bath area is a work in progress.  Here is a peek at its newly painted orange vanity!
{Huge wow factor here!  Love it!!}

And the master bedroom is also a work in progress.  here is a little sneak peek into that room!

I hope to have both of these rooms done in the next month or so.

It's pretty amazing what she has done in such a short time, don't you think?

Style Q&A with Cassie


How would you describe the decorating style in your home?

My style is definitely vintage inspired, a little eclectic, and somewhat collected.  I don't like to pigeonhole myself into one specific style because my mind changes all the time. ;)

What inspires your style and where do you find the most inspiration?

I find so much inspiration from fellow bloggers, pinterest of course, and magazines.  I love Better Homes and Gardens, and Country Living.  I get so excited when my new issues arrive!  I also find inspiration in the way we live.... My house has to work for our family of four plus our dogs.  It has to be a place that is home to all of us, not just me.

Do you find you are drawn to other styles as well, and if so, do you find it challenging to stay within"your style", or does anything you like find its way into your house?

I am drawn to SO many different styles, and my own style tends to change with the seasons.  I sell my painted furniture and vintage finds, so the good news is that when I am ready to change things out in my own home, I have a place to dispose of items without losing money on them.  Of course, because it's so easy to change things around, it might happen a lot more than it should!

What are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

I prefer to shop at thrift shops: Goodwill, Salvation Army, and the like.   I like the low prices, and knowing that my purchase is going towards a good cause, and that I am essentially recycling in a way.  I also like knowing that my vintage items are unique... of course though, if money was no object, I am sure I would be spending much more time shopping at Anthropologie. :)

What is your next or current decor project in your home?

I have been working on my master bedroom and hope to have a reveal of that room soon.  Once that is done, I think I will tackle the upstars hallway- it's small, and the bedrooms upstairs will all be done, so may as well make the hallway flow a little better.  Plus, after tackling a larger space, I am craving a much smaller space to work on!

Thank you so much, Stacey, for allowing me to share my home with your readers!
Thank you so very much, Cassie, for sharing your beautiful home here!  I love your Q&A and could relate to so much of what you said, as I'm sure our readers can as well.  For more of Cassie and her home, head on over to her very popular blog, Primitive & Proper.

Hope you all enjoyed the tour, thank you for coming by to check it out!!
For more Blogger's Home Tours go HERE .

XO,
Stacey 

13 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Cassie's home is amazing!! I have been one of the lucky ones that got to spend a week at her home staying in that pretty guest room. It's not just pretty in pictures, it's the real deal! She truly is amazing!

michele said...

love the unique charm of cassie's home. thanks for sharing your private spaces and thoughts.

hugs to you both.

michele

Cozy Little House said...

I'd love to have a house like that! I'll go over and give her a visit.
Brenda

gena said...

What a sweet home - so obviously filled with love!

Thanks for sharing - I'm off to check out her blog!

gena

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

So inspirational! great job, cassie! Oh how I LOVE painted furniture but I hate to paint. Oh me oh my! ♥

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

Thanks for the home tour- love the design and special unique touches such as the painted furniture, cute window treatments and accessories.

Deanne said...

I love Cassie's style and her blog! Thanks for inviting her!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What a great house! Cassie has such a signature style.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

thank you so much for having me here, stacey, and for all your sweet comments! :) and thank you so much ladies for YOUR sweet comments, too!

Mehul said...

Your home is having distinct creativity. I like painted furniture. Thanks. XOXO

- Mehul
stone range hood

Erin said...

Cassie is such a genuine person with a sophisticated yet warm style. I'm always a big fan of people who decorate with what they truly love and the many personal details in her home show that to be true. :)

Art and Sand said...

Cassie's home is so warm and welcoming. I especially loved the ruffled curtains in Emmy's room.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love Cassie's style - so fun and colorful!
Kelly