Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sort Of Fairytale Life As Of Late...


Hello, There!
You may have noticed that I have not been posting or {sadly} visiting blogs lately...
or maybe you are too busy to notice too ;)

The summer here is flying by and I find I am away from my computer more these days than usual.  Summer is just like that I guess with warmer weather, gardening outside, and vacations. 
I really, really can't believe it's mid August already!

That said, today, I thought I'd share some projects that I have been working on and other adventures.

The following will be for sale at The Vintage Bazaar in Chicago this Sunday ...

{pillow made from a vintage tablecloth}

{made from a vintage feed sack}

 {pillow in progress}

 {another pillow in progress}

{signs}

{bunting for the tent}

I've also been on the hunt at estate sales and thrift shops for vintage finds to sell...

 {my loot from one recent estate sale}

 {I'm keeping the fan...it was only $20 and works great!}

 {Fun vintage dishware from Goodwill and Salvation Army}

Creating, thrifting, and selling aside, I'm always a Mommy...

{out to lunch with my girl}

 {at a nearby farm}

 {Daddy's girl}

 {Maggie and her cousin}

Some other fires on the burner involve photo shoots and articles for future publications and features.  Here's some sneak peeks...



We're planning a trip to visit Family in Minnesota next weekend, and I'm particularly excited about visiting the Oronoco Gold Rush Flea Market while there! 
Have you been?  If so, any certain vendors to look out for that I would like?

That's all for now...hope you have a wonderful day, and thank you so much for your visits and comments, they are all read and truly appreciated!

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  Many photos on this post were taken with the Instagram app on iPhone, are you on Instagram?  If so, please let me know...you can follow me at asortoffairytalegirlblog.


21 comments:

Debby said...

August always comes so quickly and is so busy. Good luck getting all of this done. I always love your blog pposts and pictures.

birdie blue said...

good luck getting all of your many tasks completed, stacey. would love to stop by the vintage bazaar this sunday, we'll see if i can convince the girls.


love all of the pics of miss maggie. she's getting so big!
xo
molly

Vintage Market Place said...

ooh I see some good stuff there.
Loving the green flowered pyrex mixing bowl you found!
Your pillows and pumpkins are too darn cute. I have my pumpkins you made me on display all year round in my studio ;)

Have fun on vaca and good luck this weekend, say hi to my sis if ya see her :)
Amy

michele said...

baby girl is almost all grown up!!! well, she doesn't look like a baby anymore!

all the styling and loot looks fabulous.

enjoy minnesota. try a 'michele calzone' at the restaurant punch. you'll thank me.

smiles.

michele

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Stacey,

Oh you have been one busy gal!!! Love all the pics and can't wait to see what else you do!!! Your family is so adorable and your little girl is such a doll and growing up so fast!!! :) I just signed up for Instagram and have zero followers! lol I'll look for you. I'm just getting a hang of all of it... But I"m on Twitter! Do you have a Twitter account? Let me know and I'll follow you there too. I believe mine is cozycitycottage (I think)! lol Alrighty, take care and chat w/ya soon!


XO's,
Jessie

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love all the new items! so sweet!

❀ JoAnne said...

Wow Stacey, you have been busy! Your pillows are great and Miss Maggie is too cute for words as always. Good Luck at The Vintage Bazaar!!

Urban Farmgirl said...

Ooh, well sounds like someone has been having fun this summer! And that Maggie...such a cutie!!

Wish I could make it to the Vintage Bazaar this week, but I'm heading to Elkhorn with some friends! I looked at past pics of the show, looks fabulous! ;o)

Have fun & sell lots!

Mary

My Vintage Mending said...

We've missed you and your lovely posts. Although I know that you are busy doing other things. Best to you at the Vintage Bazaar and all your upcoming adventures....smiles..Renee

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Whew! You're keeping the green fan! I couldn't part with it either. Love all the pillows you're working on and anxious to see where those lovely photos are going to end up. Keep us posted on the Gold Rush Days. I may have to add it to my list of sales to attend. Have fun!

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Stacey~~ it looks like you have been having a ton of fun and I love all your new creations. You are so very talented. Have a great trip to Minnesota:)
Your daughter is so...adorable:)
xo~Cheryl

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love that first pillow and oh yea, I'd keep that fan, too! ♥

thistlewoodfarm said...

Enjoy your summer with your sweet family. Summer flies by so fast! Can't wait to see your projects and features!

Have a blessed and wonderful day,
karianne

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

Cute stuff going on! Summer is SO busy huh? I love summer but have never found a way to make it less busy!!

Jen Kershner said...

Stacy,
I need that first pillow. Is it a pillow cover? I actually need 2 of them. Do you have 2? Would you be willing to ship them to me here in Indiana since I'm pretty sure delivering them in person is out of the question? If the answer is yes, I should maybe ask how much?

Art and Sand said...

I love the asymmetrical look of that first pillow. I have hesitated making pillows from my vintage linens because thing would be off centered, but I like yours.

This means one more project to complete before school starts.

Deborah Anne said...

Your items are always so inspiring and fresh! I'm deeply disappointed though...I searched you as a user on Instagram and much to my dismay, couldn't find you. I even searched under some hashtags with no luck. :(

Junkchiccottage said...

Good Luck Stacey this week end at the Vintage Market. It sounds like fun. Love the signs you made and of course the pillows are always so so cute. Love the pictures of Maggy. Your Hubby is adorable too. Love that pic with him and Maggie.
Kris

Cozy Little House said...

I seem to remember it wasn't very long ago you were tackling pillows. And now look at you! That darling child is just precious!
Brenda

Kristen McIntyre said...

A great feeling planning to visit vintage market. So many things to buy for home accessories. Have a great weekend!

Organization Accessories

Erin said...

Hope you're having a lovely weekend in Minnesota, Stacey! Summer has been crazy here, too, just so much going on as it rushes by. And school starts a week from Monday--eeep! Love the sneaky peeks of what you've been up to and I would love to hear how the Vintage Bazaar went!