Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Craft Room Inspiration Board

Something I do over at Cottage Industry is create "Mood Boards" or "Inspiration Boards" for rooms and events, and I recently designed one for fellow blogger, Vicki.  She asked for lots of organization ideas and pops of turquoise.  Other than that, she was open to colors and ideas.  Vicki also mentioned that the walls had been newly painted white, and she would be keeping them that way.  Perfect!  Nothing better than white walls and pops of bright color in my book!!

This is what I came up with for her...

{click image for an enlarged view}

I am happy to say that she loves it and will be using many of the ideas on the board!

"It truly is… ME!  I’ve never had anyone “nail it on the head” like this! It’s just beautiful!" -Vicki

For those of you that are inspired by this board as well, 
I'm including a source list below for the numbered items shown.

Craft Room/Office Source List {by number on board}

1.  Polka dot desk chair - PB Teen
2.  Cart - IKEA
3.  Rug - Dwell Studio
4.  Task Lamp - PB Teen
5.  Desk - Pier 1
6.  Chair Slip Cover and Chair - Pier 1
7.  Tier Basket - Land Of Nod
8.  “V” - PB Teen
9.  Curtains - Anthropologie
10. Cubby storage - IKEA
11. Stacking Shelves - Home Decorator’s Collection
12. Bins - Land Of Nod and orange ones


Hope you've been inspired here today!

If you are interested in checking out my other boards or having one designed for yourself, you can find all the info at my business site, Cottage Industry.
 
 XO,
Stacey

P.S.  I've got a new look on the blog here...the idea behind it, was to unite both my business and blog sites in style...what do you think?

17 comments:

Denise said...

It all sounds like fun.

Junkchiccottage said...

Stacey,
Love it. Looks beautiful. Vicki got a sweet and talented person to make that board. Very cute. You do great work. Love the new blog combo too.
Kris

michele said...

gorgeous board with your name all over it, stacy!

hugs to you.

michele

Amy said...

I love the pop of colors!

Cozy Little House said...

Oh Stacey, love the new look! So you!
Brenda

Vicki Shead said...

Already bought fabric bins that will go into a big antique bookshelf. Plus, I'm saving money for the Ikea white organization unit, but the one that has the fold down desk. I LOVE that one! I'm so excited to make my little craft corner using the inspiration you created for me.

Tricia said...

That mood board looks beautiful, Stacey! I love the color combination. Your blog looks great too :)

Auntie Bliss said...

Very, very nice!! I love the striped wallpaper too.
Don't know if you read Flowerpatch Farmgirl but she just used these colors in her home if you want to go see :)

Susan said...

Stacey, you outdid yourself. The colors are so fresh and fun which lend themselves beautifully to a creative space. I love that you balanced beautiful with functional. That's very hard to do. Great work, friend!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

This is so cute! I love the stripes and the colors! What did you use to create the board (I love your arrows)!

blessings,
karianne

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet inspiration board. I am sure she will love it- xo Diana

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

Great board! And how fun for you that she liked it so well!

Graniteware Gal said...

Great both at Na-Da! I just wanted to let you know I've added some pix of your booth and others on my blog. www.granitewarefarmhouse.blogspot.com

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

Hi Stacey,

I have that Ikea cart and I LOVE IT. It is perfect size and you can roll it into any room as it fits everywhere.

chateau chic said...

Love the new look on your blog, Stacey! Wonderful choice of colors on your inspiration board.
Mary Alice

Art and Sand said...

It all looks great. I love my Ikea Expedit for storing all of my "creating" supplies.

Jen Kershner said...

What a great happy room! It looks like the perfect inspiration for a place to create!