Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful For...

1.  My Family.

{My daughter, Maggie.  I'm not so sure my husband wants his pic posted, 
so I'll just show off my little cutie pie.}

Being a Stay-At-Home-Mom is the hardest job ever, I am pretty sure, but perhaps the most rewarding and important job I have ever had.

I have an awesome husband who loves his family to the moon and back, and supports his wife's crazy vintage habit and adventures, and for that I am very thankful!

2.  My House

{This is the only shot I have of it now...note to self...take another exterior picture!  This was taken in summer, with the new garden planted in front.}

I live in a 1940's Georgian style home.  It's a little on the small side, but it's just right sized for us.  If you follow this blog, you have seen some of the fun changes that have taken place inside, such as...

The Living Room

and

The Master Bedroom

Not to be a forgotten part of the house is, the Backyard...

{The cottage garden in the backyard}

As city dwellers for many years in apartments, we are mighty thankful for having a large backyard where we can plant gardens and have room to roam!


3.  Food!

 {Photo courtesy of Cannelle et Vanille, since I could never make anything that looks this good!}

I can't imagine the terrible feeling of wondering where your next meal is coming from, so I am quite thankful that we are never in that position, like so many in this and other countries are.

I am thankful for a myriad of other things and special people {parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, and good freinds} too, of course!  

I'm also thankful for little things like, coffee and iPhones, but the above listed, THE BIG THREE are the ones that really count when it comes down to it.  All the other little stuff is just fluff that makes life a little nicer, a little easier.

Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!


XO,
Stacey

19 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful pictures, and beautiful daughter.. thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely home and garden... and a happy Thanksgiving!

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Wonderful post Stacey... lovin' your garden now too! Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Dawn said...

Yep, Im still lovin your place. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sue@House Pretty said...

By the looks of those pictures, you definitely have much to be thankful for!

By the way, I'm just curious, but why do so many bloggers in the U.S. say they have homes on the smaller side? Gosh, you home looks a decent size to me! Heck, you even have a garage. Me? Nope! Wish we had one? Resounding yes!

But then, after really starting to understand some of the poverty in third world countries, heck, for that matter, some of the poverty in North America, with some people not even having a roof over their heads, and I'm complaining because I don't have a "roof" over my car's "head"? Well, let's just say that it really started to put things in perspective, lol!

Again, beautiful little girl, and beautiful house. Hey, the decor isn't half bad either, lol!

Dori @ Bell Jar Vintage said...

Your baby girl is so crazy cute!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Debby said...

I love your living room and your bedroom.
Your Maggie is adorable......so cute.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Cozy Little House said...

You have a beautiful home, Stacey, homemade with love. As a teen, I was homeless for a little while, and pregnant. Not a good situation to be in. Which is why I love home so much I guess.
Brenda

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Sweet girl! Happy thanksgiving, stacey! Thank you for sharing pics of your lovely home with us. ♥

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

What a little cutie! Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Keeping it Cozy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Stacey! These are a few things I'm thankful for too... oh, and your Maggie is just absolutely adorable!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It looks like your cup runneth over with that sweet little Maggie!

Happy Thanksgiving, Stacey!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Stacey,

I just spent way too much time over on her blog.....what amazing food photography :) Thanks so much for the link!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!
karianne

michele said...

happy thanksgiving, stacey.

your family and nest are glowing with beauty.

:)
michele

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a lovely post, Stacey! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I love my dogs said...

Such a darling daughter. Yes, we are very blessed in this country even during these troubled times. So thankful for so much. Happy Thanksgiving to your family.

Leah C said...

Beautiful post, Stacey! So much to be thankful for...I do believe you and I are both living "a sort of fairytale":) Love your home & garden. And you probably already know this, but your little girl has the sweetest smile!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Your little girl is precious! Love this post and your sweet heart. Can't wait to go back and read some of your older posts!

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

Hi Stacey, I like your house and it looks pretty sizeable to me!

Lynnie

grimmblogger said...

Lovely!