Monday, January 14, 2013

Dollar Store Linen Closet Makeover

Well, hello there...
I'm back from my little holiday bloggy break!

We had a nice Sort Of Fairytale Christmas this year!
Maggie, who is 2, really got into this year with her love of all things 
Frosty, Rudolph, and Santa.
Ahhh, Christmas really is for kids isn't it?

For me, it all went by in a flash...the baking, shopping, visiting, hustle and bustle of it all. 
 I don't really mind when it ends either, so I can get back to usual routines and such.  
 I like routine, what can I say?  
Much like my love of routine, I also love organization...I dream of a super organized well run, well thought out house.  I know...I'm a real party animal like that! 

The new year always brings magazine covers with "Get Organized", "Get Healthy" headlines, January is the month of reinvention it would seem.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I say!

I started my linen closet makeover before Christmas actually, but didn't officially finish it up until this morning.  I have to say, I am so pleased with it and sometimes open the door for no other reason than to just to look in there and oooh and ahhh at the orderliness.  
Oh, and this was all done with items from the dollar store and cost around $20!


 Here's a horrifying before shot...

 and another one...

well, that was embarrassing, let's look at the glorious after again!


ahhhh, much better.

 All the bins and baskets came from the dollar store and lucky for me they came in bright, happy colors!  Although, I do think natural baskets would have been nice too, but much more money, and I have more important vintage goodies things to spend my money on.


I plan on filling those spray bottles {pictured above} with natural cleaning recipes soon, so stay tuned for that...it will either be the greatest thing ever, or utter disaster!

The baskets got labeled with crafty items I had on hand.  I used my price tag paper punch and card stock paper for the label, and tied it on with coordinating ribbon.


I feel so much more organized now in this area of my home, dare I say, possibly reinvented??

What I think I am most proud of though is creating an organized, yet pretty closet for hardly any money!  I love a good thrifty challenge...that's how I party these days.

XO,

36 comments:

Allyson Butler said...

Love this! I find some of the best organizational stuff at Dollar Tree!

Art and Sand said...

It's nice to have you back. Of course your closets would be colorful!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo! Great job, Stacey! ♥

I hope my dollar Tree has them!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your closet makeover looks great and so affordable too. I'm sure it will inspire others.

Whimsical Perspective said...

Wonderful and motivating!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your colorful organized closet makes cleaning look like fun and games!

camp and cottage living said...

Wow, what a difference! I love all the bright colored basket and totes. Does it make cleaning any funner?

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

It looks fantastic! I love good closet organization. Those baskets are such a great find. We don't have a dollar store here in interior Alaska...it's actually a $1.50 Store (seriously, haha)....and the stuff in there is scary.

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Love your organized cheerful closet, makes me want to add a pop of color in mine.

Amy Jo said...

Great Job!! It looks like it came out of a magazine...unfortunatly mine looks like the before. Maybe I will visit the dollar tree.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Nice and organized! I like the fun colors too! I need to do this with my closet.

Karen Bates said...

Wonderful...and so easy! Love all the color! I may just have to set to in my closets.

Stacey said...

Really cute and smart! I was just wondering what I might find at the Dollar Stores these days. Used to buy all kinds of goodies there for my classroom.

michele said...

what a happy moment you have created on a shoestring! bravo. it looks like a million bucks.

:)
michele

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Very inspiring! Happy to see you back after the holidays! :)

{northern cottage} said...

ahhh lovely and fun and fresh - well done girlie!!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Stacey,
That closet is beautiful never shut that door!!!!! So cute and so organized with fun colors. Love it. Glad to see you back at the blog. Hope you had a good holiday and hope little Maggie is doing good too. She is at that fun age for Christmas!
Kris

Lisa Hogan said...

Love the baskets. I have been on a cleaning kick too and my Master Closet is a complete mess. I can't even get to the bin which holds our winter clothes! I had to buy a few new outfits for the cold weather. I sm hoping to get my closet as neat as yours is very soon. Looks great!

Denise Marie said...

Great job. It looks cheerful

Dawn said...

Stacey,
I love all the bright colors you chose to makeover your closet. I agree everything needs to be organized to make my life easier. You did a splendid job for such a small amount of money. Thanks for linking up at the Cabin:)

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places to shop. Your closet is so pretty and colorful. Love the colors! New follower visiting from Creative Cain Cabin:Budget Decorating Party.

Robin said...

You did an amazing job. I love how colorful and orgainzed it looks now! want to come use your skills at my house? LOL

McMaster & Storm said...

well--you go girl!! that is awesome, it does feel good to get organized...I love the dollar store :)
xo
kara

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

Love this and gives me inspiration to get off my duff and redo mine...only I have a whole lot more towels than you do...where are your spares?

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What is wrong with me that I love colorful bins with coordinating labels? Is it some disease? Your closet looks gorgeous!!! And again, is it wrong that I think a linen closet is gorgeous??? Oh and I could use a little of that gorgeousness at my house too. Be proud of yourself!

hey-moxie said...

What an adorable linen closet makeover. I can't believe you found such cute baskets at the dollar store. Makes me want to tackle my storage closet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Erin said...

Welcome back, Stacey! I've missed you! :) Love how you transformed this closet--makes me happy just to look at it--and the tags are such a pretty touch to the containers and baskets. I'll be writing you back finally this weekend--or maybe even tomorrow--it snowed here tonight so there's a good chance school will be canceled and that means lazing around on the computer... :)

Take care,
Erin

Jen Kershner said...

I love how happy, colorful and organized it is! I'd leave the door open too. An inspired makeover on a budget is right up my alley!

Antonella I-G said...

Very inspiring! Now I'm thinking of how crazy cluttered my linen closet is. I have baskets, but they are shoved with way too many things that don't belong together. I need to get on top of that soon.
Your baskets are bright, but I have to say I like them best!
Antonella @ TCH

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Awesome job! The cheery colors are just right! (And they go so well with your blog background, too!)

Sigh.... I WISH I had a linen closet! We do have space under the bathroom counters but oh how I wish I had a linen closet. YOurs is so PINTERESTY TOO!

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

I love this post because I need to do my linen closet too...so on the way home from work today I went to the dollar store and picked up several bins and will be doing this on Saturday. Thanks for the inspiration and will post mine as well, though I have a lot more jammed in my closet. I will link back to you for my inspiration.

Lynn said...

I love your make-over.

Elyse said...

please come to RI and help me organize the girlie office. now that you are a stylist-extraordinare it can be a write-off! ;)

beautiful, cheerful job!

xo
elyse

Vinty Dam said...

But such a lovely way to party indeed! Am thinking I need to head over to the dollar store - our closets are in need of this look!! :) xoxo, Jess

Montana_Girl said...

Love what you've done with this closet! I purchased a few of the same baskits at the Dollar Tree a few weeks back and they are still sitting in my office...You have inspired me to re-organise my hall closet, thank you!

Maureen said...

Amazing transformation! And I LOVE that it is using Dollar Store and not expensive bins. I and currently upgrading my linen closet and found your post through Pinterest when I was looking for inspiration. I picked this post as one of My Friday Favorites this week. You can check it out here: http://wp.me/p2hp9V-12s
Hope the closet is making you happy and is functional!