Monday, January 21, 2013

You've Got {Flea Market Decor} Mail

Some days are better mail days than others.
Like when there are are catalogs, magazines, and packages awaiting you, 
instead of bills, annoying coupon booklets, and car loan ads disguised as W-2's.

There was a very good mail day at my house last week, the Spring 2013 issue of 
Flea Market Decor magazine arrived with my home's feature in it!


Just a couple of photos, be sure to check out pages 32-41 of the magazine for more...
pinch me, I can't believe it!!!
 

The article was written by the talented, witty, and creative Elyse Major, who you may know from her sweet blog, Tinkered Treasures.  Elyse is a writer for magazines such as Romantic Homes, Cottage & Bungalows, and of course, Flea Market Decor.  She also has a very exciting craft book coming out this February, aptly named, Tinkered Treasures.  I am so thankful to Elyse for pitching my home to her editors and for writing such a wonderful article!


The beautiful photos were taken by fabulously talented photographer, Traci Thorson, of Traci Thorson Photography.  Traci's work has been featured in Where Women Cook magazines, and she is also an amazing portrait photographer for families and individuals.  I am equally thankful to Traci for coming to my house and taking such gorgeous pictures, making my home look it's very best from every angle!


I'm so happy there are magazines out there that embrace this quirky cottage, vintage, flea market style and am thankful that their editors continually recognize the talent talent of bloggers and regular folks like me that are passionate about their homes.  

Thanks so much Flea Market Decor for featuring my home and basically making my year...already!

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  Thank you also to all who commented on my linen closet makeover!  I'm sorry if I didn't get back to you via email...I have been a busy bee lately with both personal and professional projects.  Please know, that your comments are so very appreciated!!

28 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

How fun is this?! What a wonderful feature, Stacey! A BIG Congratulations!

Junkchiccottage said...

Stacey,
I am so excited for you. Your home is so cute and I can't wait to get copy of the magazine. I am thrilled for you. Tracey took beautiful pictures but I am sure your pictures would have been beautiful too. Congrats. This is really exciting.
Kris

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting to be in a magazine, you definitely deserve it :)

Dawn said...

Congrats on the magazine feature:)

Laurel Stephens said...

Congratulations! Your home is so deserving of the attention.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Congrats! So fun to have your home featured. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

~Shanon

Cozy Little House said...

Congrats, my friend! I told you a long time ago that you were going places, and going places you surely are.
Brenda

Eclectically Vintage said...

Of course your home was featured - it's amazing! Congrats - you must be on cloud 9!
Kelly

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Congratulations Stacey!!! I can't wait to buy my copy so I can see your home featured! There are a lot of us out there who appreciate quirky cottage style. :)

Elyse said...

hi stacey and hooray!

this is one of my favorite features i have ever written. i feel like i know you and your style so well, that it was an easy-breezy piece to write. i hope we will team up again and meet someday, too!

with love and hugs
xo
elyse

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Congratulations! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a copy. Always love the cottage and the quirky. In decor and otherwise! :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Suweet! Congrats!

Bethany said...

How exciting! My mom subscribes to that magazine so I always read it when I visit her. Can't wait to check out your house in it!

traci said...

you deserve all the best. the article was awesome!!! thanks for letting me be a part of it. xo!!

chateau chic said...

Congratulations!! What an honor to see your charming home published in a magazine.
Mary Alice

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Woo-hoo! congrats, Stacey! ♥

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! I can't wait to go out and get it!! :) Happy week to you! xo Holly

Anne Marie said...

I'm so super happy for you Stacey!! Can't wait to see it!
xo
anne marie

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Yowzer! Congratulations! Hope I can find the magazine around here somewhere so I can check it out. I feel like I sort of know someone famous!

Vintage Country Girl said...

I happened to pick up this magazine last week, not knowing about you. Congrats! It was a great spread!

Robin said...

Yippeee! I'm so happy for you, it's so exciting. Your home is always such an inspiration to me personally. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Congratulations!! So exciting!!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

How exciting! Best mail day ever!! I love that magazine! Can't wait to get this issue now!
Karen

lynn said...

congrats on your magazine feature! love your charming style:)

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Congratulations, Stacey. I'm gonna run out and get the magazine! So cool.

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

I found the magazine! Can't wait to dig in, but I am saving it until I have time to really savor each page. Hugs!

Melanie said...

I am new to your blog...congratulations for being featured in Flea Market Decor! That is so thrilling. I can't wait to look through more of your blog. Hope you come by and visit me as well!

mara said...

congrats, just bought flea market decor mainly due to your article. such a happy place, love your kitchen!