Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Inner Granny

I love the phrase, "Granny Chic"... whoever came up with it is kind of a genius.
There is no better way I can think, to describe this crochet, quilty, floral, vintage lovin' style!

 {source}

There's even a book...

Oh, how I wish I knew how to crochet...

I've been channeling my "Inner Granny" lately. 
I have a new {vintage} Granny-rific tole chandelier, and I know that it's perfectly Granny Chic, because when I posted it on my Facebook page, a few mentioned that their grandmas' had one just like it...tee hee.  
I purchased it from Ebay and I luuuurrrrve it!
 {I'd show you how it looks with the table if there weren't a bunch of random stuff on the table!}


Another couple of granny-ish purchases made recently are these fab vintage crochet armchair covers.


and equally fab embroidered 
English Cottage wall hanging.


Both of the above pretties came from Trisha Brink Design, she finds and sells Ah-Mazing stuff!

I love a vintage quilt, of which these are two of mine, handmade by somebody's granny, no doubt.

Should you need further proof of my granny self, I already own these sandals, which came up on Pinterest under a "Granny Chic" search.


Oh, and my home was featured on the lovely blog, Heart Handmade UK, describing my style as, Granny Chic.


I also enjoy a very granny-like craft...Embroidery!
{Pie embroidery hoop art by me}

{Camper embroidery hoop art by me}

Not by me, but I love this cross stitch in my living room...
I guess that's just me, Stacey, 36 going on 90!

Not exactly related to Granny Chic...perhaps more Cottage Chic, I wanted to mention that my home was a featured Cottage of the Week tour on the lovey blog, The Cottage Market
Andrea from The Cottage Market is always sharing cute cottage tours and awesome ideas for decorating and crafting on her blog, stop by and check it out if you haven't already, you'll love it!

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  The Shop opens in 7 days!!!

24 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Granny Chic! Love it! I guess that's me, too unless mine would be Kiddie Chic!

I enjoyed your home tour over at Andrea's and i look forward to seeing what you put in your new shop! ♥

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Congrats on all the features and I LOVE me some Granny Chic! I learned how to crochet about 3.5 years ago and oh my - the fun!! It isn't difficult and there are so many adorable things to make for a certain cutie pie and for your house. :)

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Well, that's funny. Would you believe I have never heard the term Granny Chic...and although I don't have the crocheted things I do own those shoes! lol xo Diana

Nancy Carr said...

Cute idea. Next time someone asks me how I dress I will also say "Granny Chic". Fun. Thanks for the smile today.

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Oh gosh! I am laughing because I love a lot of the same things and now I am a real granny.You can learn to crochet-lots of good youtube videos to teach you. Go girl granny!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I'm loving Granny Chic - fun, colorful and believe it or not - it feels fresh!

Boho Farm and Home said...

I love your granny chic and am right there with you! Sometimes when I have a full day of canning or jelly making and am giddy afterwards. I think "oh my goodness, I am a total grandma"!

Tiffany Joan said...

I'm a Granny Chic gal too:)
avocadosandgeraniums.blogspot.com

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I'm right there with you. I'm 36 but an old lady on the inside.

Niece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niece said...

Granny Chic! Love it...my new favorite phrase!

❀ JoAnne said...

Granny or not, I love your style, Stacey. You find such cute things for your house - your new light fixture is adorable!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Granny Chic!! Love it all! So many pretties and love your chandelier!! Gorgeous!! xo Holly

vicki archer said...

Your granny chic is so cute... love all the colours and the mix... Kind of a little shabby chic too... only more colourful... xv

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Love your granny chic! The granny squires remind me of my beloved grandma that crotched so many of those...

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Stacey,
I love this post. I love the armchair sleeves. Those are pretty cute. Granny Chic love it!!!!
Kris

Jen Kershner said...

I can't believe I still haven't seen the inside of that book! I might be the last person on earth who hasn't. Love your style girl! Always charming and unique which is the highest of praise.

vintage grey said...

You definitely have a sweet 'Granny Chic' style!! I love the cross-stitched strawberries!! And, love the arm chair sleeves. I might have to make some!! Have a great day! xo Heather

Tattered Tiques said...

Oh my! So much here I don't know where to start. Looove the camper hoop art.....to die for adorable. The chandi is wonderful. Congrats on all your features! Anne and I have been drooling over your shop. So many fab things, can't wait! See you soon I hope, at NaDa.
Julie

luci wallis said...

That was such a great post. Love the crochet arm covers, very clever. Love your new lighting you found.. Sound like I have the same problem of random items on the dining table.
Bristol

standsure said...

Sweet post about Granny chic. It caught my eye since not only do I love this type of fresh vintage style decorating but I am a real live Granny to 9. When the first grandchild was born 8 years ago I was asked what I wanted to be called. I immediately replied that I was going to be Granny. I hope all my grands think I am Chic too.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well, whatever it's called, I love your charming style! Congratulations on the features and best of luck in your new venture!

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

I am in love with that Daisy Chandelier....wishing I had one!
Daisy~

Christine Eret said...

I too, am in love with granny chic. I started wearing "Granny Chic" a long time ago. Whether it was new or second-hand, it didn't matter, it's the style that I wore. Now that my hair is turning salt and pepper(actually cinnamon and suger, cause it is still brown), so it is starting to look good. I am also into embroidry, sewing,and knitting.