Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thoughts On Crafting and Gardening...

I've been doing a lot of crafting lately.  Like, A LOT of crafting.  Maybe more than one person should be doing.  I've been making lots of new goodies for my shop, Cottage Industry, like embroidery hoop art and pin cushions to sell this weekend at an event I'm a vendor at, The Na-Da Farm Barn Sale.
I spent months making things for my shop and then to my HUGE surprise most of it all sold!  Then, I was in a pickle...within 2 weeks I had to whip up more goods to sell at the barn sale, hence the mad crafting that's been going on here.  I'm definitely losing my crafty mind because it wasn't until I finished this, did I realize I had the fabric upside down!
I mean, what level of crazy are you at when you are literally staring at your project while working and you don't see this?!  There goes and hour I'll never get back.  Definitely NOT a happy day.

Immediately after I realized this project was hopeless, I decided to go out into the garden and take my frustrations out on some weeds!  See, this is why it's good to have a garden.  You use whatever trusty garden tool you like to pull up weeds and you can just go crazy whacking and yelling at them!  But, if you really want to get your stress out, I suggest getting your spade shovel and trenching your borders or better yet, make new borders.  Yep, that's just what I did after my embroidery craft fail.  I worked my butt off in that garden for 1 hour and my craft disaster became a thing of the past AND my garden was looking good I must say.
And that's my 2 cents on crafting and gardening today.  Anyone else having a craft meltdown/fail?  Getting garden therapy?

Here's the details on the barn sale should you be in or around IL, it's worth the trip!

There will be lots of pretty vintage and handmade for sale, as well as yummy baked goods made by Anne-Marie, who owns the farm.  You can visit nadafarmlife.org/events for all the details.

A few pics from sales past...




In spite of my stress in getting everything ready for this sale, I'm really excited about selling there again, and I hope to see some of you there!  I'll be in the barn under my shop name, "Cottage Industry".  Come Shop, Relax, Have A Cupcake.

XO,
Stacey

17 comments:

Little Treasures said...

To be honest, I kinda like the bunting upside down. I didn't even know it was upside down until I read the post. At first glance it looked like disruptive crown pattern. You shouldn't worry! We all have "glorious" moments just like you had :)

Bronwyn said...

You know what? If you hadn't pointed out the bunting mishap, I wouldn't have noticed!! You should still sell it as "seconds" product. It will make people laugh! Crafting can bring such pleasure, but frustrate just as easily!!

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

I'm going to have to agree with the others - sell that thing as is - it's cute that way too!

vintage grey said...

Sweet makings and I have been creating a lot, too!! It is always fun to just create!! The barn sale looks like such fun! Wish I lived closer!! Have a wonderful week!! xo Heather

Junkchiccottage said...

Stacey,
You crack me up. I can just see you at all hours of the night making things!!!! I have to go with the majority and say hey it is cute upside down so I would take it and sell it as is. Someone will love it. Have a great time this week end. Should be so much fun.
Kris

kmac said...

I soooo wish I was going to that Na-Da Farm Barn Sale, but from California it's a little far. Can hardly wait for more great stuff in the store (no pressure though lol).

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Yay! For sales. OH this event sounds funnnn!

Bethany said...

I have done that too in the crazy hours before a sale. Ugh!

I am excited to go Na-Da again. Can't wait to see all you've been doing in person.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Aw, you poor girl! That's why I haven't worked too hard to sell my creations. Crafting is therapy for me and I want to keep it that way! Gardening is therapy for me, too only I can't do as much of it as I used too. Yes, I need a lot of therapy. :)

I love seeing the pics of the booths at the sale and I really look forward to seeing yours! ♥

Robin Johnson said...

Garden therapy is the best kind. I worked in my garden this morning and it felt so good.

Jann Olson said...

Yup, gardening does wonders for the soul. Cheapest therapy I know. Well, buying flowers isn't too cheap, but much better than any therapy! I think the bunting upside down is kind of a fun twist. The sale sounds awesome. Wish it was close by me!
hugs,
Jann

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Sometimes you just have an upside down kind of day! I say hang it up and see how many people notice.

I hope you come home from the sale with nothing but a smile. :)

Pamela Groppe said...

I have been a crafting fool lately myself, seems everyone wants a garden sign this week. But I unwind in the garden and have posted photos of my lovely blooms to share. (mostly for my cousin who lives in a very cold climate and begs for flower photos this time of year)
I do love your shop, just my style.

Art and Sand said...

I have done something similar- making something upside down, but I decided to just go with it.

And, I definitely use my garden as my relaxing spot. Last week I had a bad experience with a co-worker - so bad a parent reported him. I was so angry, but also mad at myself for letting him into my head. I headed out to the garden to weed, water and whack him out of my mind - and it worked!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love my garden therapy. Crafting? Not so much. That upside down thing is just the sort of thing that happens to me. I'd rather purchase my goods already made :)

I want to see your garden!

~Shanon

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Love your little camper pillows, they are adorable!!

One of these days we hope to attend Na-Da Farm Sale, your booth was perfect!!

xox
Glad & Celia

Jamie Wilcox said...

Just found your blog and got a big chuckle on the bunting embroidery piece! Hey, I'd have said "oh no, it's meant to be that way. Those represent happy clouds!!" I bet someone would have definitely bought it. Great blog, BTW.