Tuesday, June 11, 2013

C is for Crafty.

Do you craft?
If so, do you have a particular place you craft in/at?

Does it look anything like this?
Isn't it divine??!!  Like something Martha Stewart would have at home!
Well, it's a real live regular (yet amazing) person's sewing studio, and I've seen it in person, because it belongs to my friend, Susan from Maple & Magnolia.  She's the creative and decorating genius behind this incredible space!  There are so many more pictures and all the details on her blog, so you'll have to check it out.  I had to share it because it's just so colorfully, cottage cute!  In fact, it's in a cottage guest house on her property.

She inspired me to get it together and work out a space for myself at home to craft/sew in and also use as my office for Cottage Industry.  Mine will never be as big or as awesome as hers, but it will be delightfully colorful, happy and ORGANIZED!!!

Here's the smallest of sneak peeks...

I'm getting set up in what was Maggie's nursery, we've moved her to a bigger "big girl" room (she's almost 3).  I'm keeping the walls the same colors, aqua and red (love those colors), and have gotten two tables for workspace and a HUGE shelving rack for supplies.  It's got a ways to go, but I'm getting there...organizing and making things pretty.  Not sure when I'll have it ready to share, but hopefully soon, I'm anxious to get to work in there!

Other tidbits of news...
We are having a pergola built on our deck and it's almost done being stained.  
I am just itching to get it all decorated for summer relaxation and entertaining!
 {mid progress}

The cottage gardens are blooming in front and back...Yay for flowers!

I received an adorable handmade ball garland 
from Holly at Cutie Pie Cottage for our swap...
She is patiently awaiting an embroidery from me...I'm almost done, Holly!
I can't wait to hang up the garland in my new craft room!!

I have at least 10 new gray hairs in my bangs...what, you thought you were getting a picture of that?!
NOPE.

Hope you have a splendid week!  
Do share in the comments about your craft space, dream craft space, or lack of craft space...

XO,
Stacey

17 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Cute! I can't wait to see your space finished and I will check out your friend's happy space, too!!

I really *dislike* my current crafting space and hardly craft in it! I've carrying supplies out to the dinning room where it's more open. I like space and good lighting!

I'm so happy you like your garland! ♥

wendy said...

How colorful! I love it!! Can't wait to see what you do with your space.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

When I first saw that fabulous craft room, I think I gasped out loud. Dreamy is right! I don't have a dedicated creative space. I paint and cut glass in the basement, sew in the dining room...you get the picture. I can't wait to see your new space! From the little sneak peek, I can tell it's going to be a room to inspire. :)

Patti said...

I just love crafting spaces. I have a craftroom in my new home - but, it's soooo crowded! LOL! I need to use up some of my supplies, I guess! Your space will be wonderful. I love your scalloped trim over the shelves! Waaaay cute! Your deck will be wonderful, too. Are you going to cover the top? or let the sunshine thru?

Patti said...

I just love crafting spaces. I have a craftroom in my new home - but, it's soooo crowded! LOL! I need to use up some of my supplies, I guess! Your space will be wonderful. I love your scalloped trim over the shelves! Waaaay cute! Your deck will be wonderful, too. Are you going to cover the top? or let the sunshine thru?

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Stacey,
Your backyard it coming along so nice. I love that you are making Maggies nursery into a craft space. I know it will be adorable. Susan craft space is so sweet. Wow I just want to sit and hang out in there.
Kris

Bronwyn said...

Wow! That craft space is pure eye-candy! Someday, when I finally have the space and time, want a room just like that - organized and pretty! Looking forward to seeing your room. I am sure it will be just as gorgeous!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a gorgeous craft room!! I would love to have one like hers too!! I can't wait to see yours! :) I'm (sorta) in the middle of re-organizing mine. Lol. Thanks for the inspiration! Love your cute little garland, that will be so pretty hanging up! Wishing you a lovely day! xo Holly

My Vintage Mending said...

Looks like a wonderful place to spend time in...smiles..Renee

Art and Sand said...

Unfortunately, my work space is the garage workbench, but I am fluffing it. I might just do some painting to make it look like your friend's.

Love the garland and might just have to make one.

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Oh no...my space doesn't look even half this good!! I am needing more space at this time... Love your craft room though!
Daisy~

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Hi.........Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway for a gift certificate to my new Etsy Shop named: Daisy Pink Wish .....if you have time please check it out....would love to see you enter :)

Daisy~

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

What a fun space! Happy to hear you're making progress on yours and your pergola! My deepest sympathies on those grey hairs. Thanks for the update!! :)

Iskrica said...

Great post! I have not place for my hobby... Mz place is everywhere-kitchen, living room, yard... Sometimes I have confusionin my mind for it.

Your blog is so interesting, I like it.

Greetings from Serbia

Jenny Holiday said...

Such a fun space!!! And hooray for your pergola! Love it!! The garland is adorbs as well!! Xo

Restyled Vintage said...

Oh Stacey that craft space totally makes me smile, I love it, so off to Maple and Magnolia for a look now, I can tell I'm going to love it already! Love your pergola, they are fun to paint (not!) but look great when done! Love your cottage garden too :)

xx Karen

LizlovesVintage said...

Hi there Stacey,
Jenny sent me here. she was right! Actually, I'm so glad she did. Today, I shared your Living room image through Jenny's share on FB. Everyone was admiring your style including myself. I'm a flea market junkie too.. I guess us gals find each other somehow. LOL!It's so nice to meet you :)
Stop by my Blog: http://www.Lizlovesvintage.blogspot.com
xxx Liz