Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Camp & Cottage

There's just something about Vintage Camp Style that is just so charming.
From the cute blankets and outdoor gear to glamping tents and trailers, they make me wanna hit the road and set up camp...and to be honest, I'm not that much of a (bugs might crawl on me...eeeek!) camper.

However, I would love to stay what this super cool, throwback to the camping of yesteryear "resort", Camp Wandawega in Elkhorn, WI.
 {Photo by Yellow Brick Home}

Camp Wandawega was resurrected by Tereasa Surrat and her husband David Hernandez.  They have decorated the camp true to vintage camping form, with everything being either Found (at the camp in hidden surprises), Flea (Elkhorn Flea Market) or Free (you know... FREE!).

Now, that's some camping I can handle.
Of course, I wouldn't mind camping out in a cute trailer either...

For real (bug free) relaxation, there's always a sweet cottage (if you're lucky enough to have one)...
 {A cottage in Maine by Tracey Rapisardi}

{Cottage on Tybee Island, GA, decorated by The Lettered Cottage}


While day dreaming of camps and cottages I came up with an idea for my shop.  
I'm going to change things up each month offering a collection of "Themed" merchandise handmade or handpicked by me.  This month's "shop" at the shop is "Summer Camp & Cottage", showcasing a collection of cute goodies that are camp inspired or for the cottage.  Here's a preview...

A word about the items:
  1. There are limited quantities for each listed, because I am not a machine and I like to sleep, oh and I have a 3 year old who needs me ;)
  2. When the items are sold, the are gone - see #1
  3. I cannot accommodate custom orders or recreations of sold orders... I had to learn the hard way that custom orders = no time for new creations = makes Stacey cranky.
  4. Most items are handmade by me, but some are made by friends and just cool, creative people, some are vintage inspired and/or retro new items, and some are true vintage pieces found by me.
  5.  I love creating items for my shop and I hope you like what you see when the shop re-opens!
The Cottage Industry Shop will be open and stocked with these goods and more on 7/8/13.
My decorating services site is always open HERE.

That's all she wrote for today... I hope you have a fun 4th of July Holiday!
Are you camping?  Going to the cottage?

XO,
Stacey

13 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh my! The cottage in Maine! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You've learned quickly the way to keep your creativity flowing! Make what you love and it will sell. :)

Adorable items for sale, Stacey!

I adore that camp. I've saved the magazines that have featured it for future reference.

Art and Sand said...

I am in love with all the little cottages, but the Tracy Rapisardi - oh my!

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet post. Love all the camping and little cottages, too. Good luck with your sales, too-xo Diana

Patti said...

I am so drawn to the sweet cottage colors! This is a fabulous post. Good luck on your cottage industry! :)

❀ JoAnne said...

That would be my idea of camping too. Those cottages are so cute, I would like to live in one of those full time! I think it's great that you set limits for yourself and you made me smile with the humorous way you let us all know. I don't even have a shop and I get pretty cranky sometimes!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am not a camper and this temps me! Love all the vintage and the colors. Have a great 4th! Blessings, Martha

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

How lovely! Almost makes me want to go camping! LOL! I'll take a cabin with a/c and showers heat, etc! :)

vintage grey said...

Sweet ways to camp and love the campers!! ;) Your new summer items are so sweet!! Happy 4th to you!! xo Heather

Tricia said...

Oh my, what cuteness! I love that vintage camping look too, however I'm not much of a camper either. I just got back from vacation...you would've died if you would've seen the size of bug that was in my hotel room one night. Hope you have a happy 4th!

Junkchiccottage said...

Ok sweet friend I love all the vintage camper pictures. The new camping stuff in the shop looks so cute. I can't wait for that. Have a Happy 4th and give that little Maggie a kiss and hug from me.
Happy 4th.
Kris

JunkStuffTreasures said...

I am also not a camping type. But, those campers and that camp resort could make a camper out of me! Don't you just love all the colors- especially the use of red! Good luck with your shop!

Jen Kershner said...

That's just too much eye candy for one morning. My heart can scarcely handle it! Hope you had a lovely day yesterday.